what are you listening to THIS VERY SECOND?

Page 2693 of 3964 [ 63411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2690, 2691, 2692, 2693, 2694, 2695, 2696 ... 3964  Next

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2019, 2:33 pm

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 2:36 pm

Alex :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 2:42 pm

DeepHour wrote:

OMG!

From a visual point of view this may be questionable, but I don't think it's devoid of musical merit. The blond lady was married to Pete Waterman, of 'Stock, Aitken and Waterman' fame, who were apparently responsible for a good number of successful records in the years after this. I just remember him as the co-presenter of The Hitman And Her on UK television, a show that was 'so bad that it was good', LOL.

The song has an incredibly complex history, going back to the 1920s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_Sleeps_Tonight

That was my favourite song on 45rpm when I was about five. It was by The Tokens. :heart:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 2:55 pm

If i told you things I did before
told you how I used to be
would you go along with someone like me?
If you knew my story word for word
had all of my history
would you go along with someone like me?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 3:32 pm

...." Money Dollar Bill Y'all " - Jimmy Spicer Old school - meaning early 80s - rap :) ! followed by " Rapping And Rocking The House " by Funky Four Plus One (after I skipped past a couple of
songs) on Pandora - This one's really long, like a lot early rap 12" so gel releases.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 5:47 pm

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark."
- Carl Sagan

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 6:35 pm

...The movie musical " Finian's Rainbow ", on Turner Classic Movies. I saw this pretty generally forgotten/disliked film when I was 8 or so and my folks had the soundtrack LP.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 7:11 pm

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2019, 9:02 pm

Re-worked my first single for an upcoming EP:
https://soundcloud.com/tim-brooks-28/al ... -back-2k19

Single due out in July

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2019, 9:31 pm

1stSauce wrote:
Re-worked my first single for an upcoming EP:
https://soundcloud.com/tim-brooks-28/al ... -back-2k19

Single due out in July

...You didn't say " the single DROPS in July " :P :lol: . Drops. :mrgreen:
Is it that you only say " drops " for an album or an EP, not a single :roll: And, BTW, I suppose you mean " single " as in one song, not something with a B-side, two songs :? ? Aww :(.

1stSauce
Toucan
Toucan

17 Mar 2019, 1:38 am

...You didn't say " the single DROPS in July " :P :lol: . Drops. :mrgreen:
Is it that you only say " drops " for an album or an EP, not a single :roll: And, BTW, I suppose you mean " single " as in one song, not something with a B-side, two songs :? ? Aww :(.[/quote]

1) Its a synonym
2) On digital platforms (Apple Music, Spotify etc.), a single is literally one song

traven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 4:05 am

finally....

little gator
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2019, 12:23 pm

Nothing.

working on getting diagnosed either way

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 12:33 pm

First non Irish song I haven't skipped today. Went from folk music onto stuff like Westlife and the Corrs now I'm going onto general pop.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 1:22 pm

Not sure who's singing this version