Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2010, 11:57 am

I've just received mine, started using it. Hard to say whether it's working or not... here's hoping.

Hap
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Dec 2010, 7:57 am

I am using one of he cheaper ones since over a year now, and am quite happy with it. Of course, it still sucks there is a lack of real daylight in the morning, but the daylight clock does sort of pre-wakes me before my real alarm clock goes of.

Lately I have more trouble responding to it, but I guess that is because the days are ultra short at the moment, it is just very unnatural to be awake when dark. Also I don't have to get up to go to work or something, so I just set the clock and then wait to get up when the real daylight kicks in, which will be a little after 9 am...

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2010, 3:58 pm

It actually seems to be working... though it's still hard to get up in the morning, I'm not immensely depressed when I do so. And my son is benefiting from it too.

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Dec 2010, 6:44 pm

I have one and I LOVE it, especially in the winter when the days are short and my body wants to hibernate. I can't think of a worse way to start off the day than fumbling around in the dark trying to shut off an obnoxious alarm sound that sets my teeth on edge... With the sunrise alarm clock, I am awake (actually awake, not just artificially vertical) and ready to get out of bed before the beeping starts.

I bought a crappy one that was combined with a white noise generator, but the light crapped out after less than a year. I replaced it with an expensive one, but the new one got good reviews and I've been very pleased with it. Money well spent, even on a student's budget. Even if I have to replace the damn thing every year, it will still be worth it--the mere thought of going back to that horrid shrieking sound gives me the howling fantods....

http://www.fullspectrumsolutions.com/lt ... 7Qod6kXZag