Mom kills baby for interrupting Facebook game

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:20 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39890549/ns ... nville_fl/

I keep tellin ya people...Facebook is contributing to all evil in the world! :evil:

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:33 pm

...Of course , she shouldn't have done it , that's HORRIBLE :cry: ...but I don't think that that calls for the maximum stated , 25 to 50 . People tend , sometimes , towards overly harsh sentences these days...
She hurt her own case badly in lying initially :( , obviously...Maybe she wouldn't be getting such a verdict/possible sentence , had she not :cry:
Again , what she did was , itself , terrible :( !

Steffy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

wow...this story is just sad. she clearly was not meant to be a mother.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:57 pm

It's very sad that she cared more about Facebook than she cared about her baby. :cry:

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:59 pm

That woman looks like a meth head. Look at her, she does. Such people seem to be able to breed uncontrollably, yet lack the initiative to care for the children they have. And I wonder if the game "Farmville" is something that has to do with the Farmville, VA, horrorcore murders, where a horrorcore artist killed four people.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 7:41 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It's very sad that she cared more about Facebook than she cared about her baby. :cry:

I feel a massive amount of society has reached a point where social networking and computer games have completely absorbed people's lives...not just aspies...this is why I plan to quit Facebook I barely use it anymore and I think all the games and applications they keep adding on there are ridiculous. I dont even care for playing those type of cheapo games.

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2010, 9:00 pm

I don't think Facebook is responsible for this. Yes, she did it over the game, but I think someone who flips out enough to hurt (and kill) a child over that would most likely flip out enough to hurt (and kill) a child over a variety of things. It was Farmville, but it just as easily could have been for interrupting a TV show or waking her from a nap or something. Clearly, she was unfit to be a mother.

It's a shame for the baby.

Countess
Toucan
Toucan

29 Oct 2010, 9:04 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Of course , she shouldn't have done it , that's HORRIBLE :cry: ...but I don't think that that calls for the maximum stated , 25 to 50 . People tend , sometimes , towards overly harsh sentences these days...
She hurt her own case badly in lying initially :( , obviously...Maybe she wouldn't be getting such a verdict/possible sentence , had she not :cry:
Again , what she did was , itself , terrible :( !

I can't agree with you. She took the life of another human being, and a helpless infant to boot. I think that's pretty awful, and that is why it's such a harsh sentence.

I don't see what's so wonderful about being NT when I read these stories. I would never consider getting angry at my son because I was playing a game and he needed me. I am a parent. He is my priority now.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 9:23 pm

Agreeing with BloodYeti on this one. The blame is on the parent.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2010, 2:21 am

All I can say is WOW.

This sure has nothing to do with being NT, this is just stupidity. This was also posted at babycenter and the women there were also not happy about it.

Makes me hate people even more who are addicted to internet games because they find them more important than their children. I have played Farmville and you can leave during the game.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2010, 6:36 pm

raisedbyignorance wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39890549/ns/local_news-jacksonville_fl/

I keep tellin ya people...Facebook is contributing to all evil in the world! :evil:

I've been saying Facebook is EVIL INCARNATE. Now this is proof!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 12:37 am

I did interrupted my brother's video games all the time and I'm still alive. That lady has problems. I couldn't cope with a child's crying at all myself but I do not plan to ever be a mother and am even having a hystorectomy so I will never have to.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:29 pm

What? That is the most stupid thing in the world. Facebook is not only shallow, it is murderous.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:35 pm

BloodYeti wrote:
I don't think Facebook is responsible for this. Yes, she did it over the game, but I think someone who flips out enough to hurt (and kill) a child over that would most likely flip out enough to hurt (and kill) a child over a variety of things. It was Farmville, but it just as easily could have been for interrupting a TV show or waking her from a nap or something. Clearly, she was unfit to be a mother.

It's a shame for the baby.

That was exactly my train of thought when I saw this on Kotaku. I can't stand Facebook and don't have an account, but it's not their fault - that woman was obviously a disaster waiting to happen - a shame it happened to someone else :(

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 2:50 pm

omgs, this is horrible, that poor little baby.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 3:11 pm

For God's sake Farmville is one of the stupidest games ever to be invented!

Some people should be asked for a license before being allowed to become parents. Tragic indeed. :(