When shopping with others do you go off on your own?

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 4:19 pm

My parents yelled at me for constantly doing this but I know at times it has been oh lets go we'll come back later (next week etc.) When I want to look and find the product I'm looking for. Sometimes my family wants to get in get what they need and go when I want to usually go look at something. I don't know which is which (how they are going to be) so I decided I'm going to take this time to run to X store in the Mall incase they feel "Oh we got what we want we're leaving." That's how I feel anyway. They think I'm using them for a ride only that OMG! you can take the bus but I feel there is no point to taking the bus since what if the store doesn't have my product that I'm looking for? Then I spent time and money to drive all the way to X store and they don't have what I'm looking for. That'd suck. So I just wait until the weekend since we usually drive shopping around town and my parents tend to go to the same stores I want to go to so IMO it works out. So back to the original question while shopping with others do you go off on your own?

Thanks.

Darkmysticdream
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2010, 5:07 pm

I always go by myself or with my Aspie husband. We both are the types to wander and look at stuff and we both keep our cell phones on to find each other if one or both of us has wandered off to look at things. My family always b*****s that they can't find me because I keep "wandering off" as well. It pisses me off because I will stand around while they look for stuff, but if I look for stuff they're never waiting for me.

As for riding with other people: I almost always REFUSE to have other people give me rides places. I have found it does nothing but make people bitchy and have the expectation that I should do whatever they want because they gave me a ride. Then if I am uncomfortable or need to go home, I'm stuck. My husband and I are fine as we are usually at the same level of tolerance for stuff so thats not an issue, but friends or family giving me a ride is something I only do if I absolutely have to.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 5:13 pm

I've always had a problem with getting what I want and then wanting to go, like, the next second and be out of there. I don't know why I can't be patient and wait for whomever I am with to get their shopping done. Maybe it's because I am in a store and don't want to stay long? Staying at a mall for hours looking at what other people are shopping for has always been agonzing for me.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 5:13 pm

Yes. I wander around and pace because I tend to get overstimulated. My mother sometimes says that I look suspicious when I do so, or that the person at the counter even gives me suspicious looks.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

31 Oct 2010, 5:19 pm

your 24. the parents get mad because you wonder off in a store? what do they bubble wrap your ass and put you in a child seat when they take you home to your nice bubble wrapped home?! ffs

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 5:29 pm

I've been going shopping alone since I was 19 to prevent that from happening.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 8:18 pm

richardbenson wrote:
your 24. the parents get mad because you wonder off in a store? what do they bubble wrap your ass and put you in a child seat when they take you home to your nice bubble wrapped home?! ffs

ROFL! That made me laugh! I know right?! !! !! I'm a DAMN adult!! !! ! But going off Black Friday to grab stuff (fine) BF is 10x's busier than a normal mall shopping store day SHEESH!

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 8:19 pm

I hate coshopping. Shopping is hard enough. If I am just being baggage or package carrier, I can just stand around being bored.

But I can't team shop, and I cannot guarantee to get done at the right time.

We do do the phone where are you thing to some degree. But mostly I try these days not to Mall shop.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 8:25 pm

Sometimes I do when I see something really interesting which can be a pain in the neck but it doesn't happen often. :lol:

Billi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2010, 9:22 pm

My partner would rather I didn't even go grocery shopping with him, since I wander off and have to look at everything. If I go alone to pick up one item at the grocery store, I will be there at least 45 min, and still only buy the one item. We don't mall shop much. He wants to get in, get the thing and get out. I will look in every window and check out every piece of clothing in a store. I don't like the crowds out in the middle, but I can usually navigate through them. But the food court is big and crowded and really noisy, I can't deal with that.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2010, 9:36 pm

No. I'm afraid of getting lost. Sometimes I wander off without realizing it though, but normally I follow right behind the person I'm with.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 12:54 am

Depends on who I'm with and where I'm at.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 2:22 am

I do both. I can go off on my own and do my own thing or stay with my family so I don't have to deal with having to go find them. If I had a cell phone with me, it makes it so much easier but sometimes I forget to bring it. But I prefer to go off alone so no one bores me when they look in a store I am not interested in.

But in any store, I just wander off.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 5:44 am

If I go to the mall with my parents, we usually all split up and do our own thing. If I'm going with friends, I stick with them, as I'm more into the socialization aspect(unless they're looking at tabletop RPGs, in which case I do wander), and therefore, we only go to stores we all like.
Most of the time, I'll just drive to the mall/store/wherever alone. Less hassle that way.
As for people driving you somewhere and expecting you to defer to them: nobody wants to feel like a taxi service. Nobody wants to feel like they're being used for transportation. In fact, when I feel I AM being used, I will ask for gas money, or a hamburger(free food wins me over like you wouldn't believe). The exceptions are my old high-school chums who drove me around for years before I got my license. I owe them. :?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 8:11 am

I don't go shopping. Problem solved.

Seriously I hate it so much. People in the way, smelly, loud, nothing really good to do besides look at things I can't buy and/or would never buy. I'll stay at home and watch tv instead.

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2010, 8:41 am

I usually always go shopping by myself. Shops just stress me out so much. There's too much colour and noise and the heating is usually up too high and I get all hot and uncomfortable. Plus I don't really like to browse or rummage and I get really bored if I'm shopping with someone who does. My sister is really bad for rummaging, she gets good bargains, but I just get so fed up waiting for her. She won't take me shopping with her anymore.