Do you want Prop 19 to pass?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 17 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 9:13 am

So, today's the day for Spiderman's girlfriend in California. What do you think about it?

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:24 am

If I were living in California, I'd definitely vote in favor of Prop 19.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:36 am

Could you elaborate on Proposition 19? Are there any links to information about it?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 12:55 pm

[quote="Douglas_MacNeill"]Could you elaborate on Proposition 19? Are there any links to information about it?[/quote

Google it. It is about legalizing pot in California.

ruveyn

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 2:05 pm

The problem is that Prop 19 doesn't change the federal laws on use, which will most likely be found to override the CA laws.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 9:44 pm

I think adults should be allowed to use a drug that's less toxic and less addictive than alcohol that nobody has ever OD'd from. I also think that it'll attract a lot of tourism for people seeking to use pot legally. They'll have a virtual monopoly, since only one other place int he world has it legalized, Amsterdam. I also think it'll be a cheaper source of industrial hemp for American businesses that have to import it from East Europe.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 9:46 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
The problem is that Prop 19 doesn't change the federal laws on use, which will most likely be found to override the CA laws.
Their authority over state's rights violate the 10th ammendment. Then again, I think the civil rights act was a good thing. I don't really have a preference for state or federal rights honestly. All I care about is what's right. Both levels of government have the ability to be just as oppressive as the other. I just want it legalized, and I'm glad citizens are challenging it.

CowboyFromHell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 1:07 am

JNathanK wrote:
I think adults should be allowed to use a drug that's less toxic and less addictive than alcohol that nobody has ever OD'd from. I also think that it'll attract a lot of tourism for people seeking to use pot legally. They'll have a virtual monopoly, since only one other place int he world has it legalized, Amsterdam. I also think it'll be a cheaper source of industrial hemp for American businesses that have to import it from East Europe.

Technically pot is still illegal in Amsterdam; the cops just don't enforce the law regarding it because unlike the douchebags here, they know that they have better things to do.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 10:25 pm

I voted yes on 19, but it still failed. Even though I live in a fairly "liberal" county, the majority of people here voted against it.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 10:42 pm

I voted No on 19.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:10 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:

Guess somebody didn't think that far ahead.

Anyway, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it had passed. I was curious, from an experimental point of view, to see how well CA could have regulated it and what the impacts would really be. Guess we'll never know now.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/