Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2006, 1:09 am

so i recently picked up king dork by frank portman and i've been really enjoying it. the main character, though it isn't said in the book, seems to be an aspie (a lot of the certain traits) and i've been really able to relate to the book so far. it probably also doesn't hurt that i've been a fan since he's been playing in the punk band mr t experience and loved the song king dork (which has little to do with the book other than sharing a title).

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2006, 11:06 pm

no one reads? or no one likes my crap review of the book so far?

it's a good book. *shrugs*

lae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2006, 11:49 pm

My daughter may like that book. She may know about it because she loves anything punk. I will mention it to her. I read constantly. I myself love science fiction, especially by David Brin.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2006, 11:20 pm

if she likes anything punk, she'll probalby love the book. it's basically a map of what most kids growing up go through...particularly with the punk side of things. might not relate as well because the book is told from a guy's perspective and there's just things that goes through a guy's mind that only goes through a guy's mind....not to be sexist but you know what i mean. a 14 year old boy thinks a certain way, you know?

still a great read so far and definately a lot of the getting made fun of, social awkwardness, and personal awkwardness that i know i've gone through. including things like not knowing how to cope with a death and how to act and what's right and what isn't.