A little bit of Aspie bashing humor (not)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Gruntre
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Nov 2010, 5:31 am

My first bit of angry; the linked website has a rather lovely comment about wanting to escape from a workplace full of 'mild Aspergers' employees, like it's a sheltered workshop of some sort. Given most of the posts i read on employment deal with either bullying or learning to cope with unemployment, I thought the LEAST we could do is tear him a couple of new body outlets.

http://lastdayemails.blogspot.com/2010/ ... ail-6.html

I'm a bit blown out so I'll get back to it in a day or so. Unless I've somehow read it wrong, but I doubt it...

What's wrong with mild anyway?

zaidjit
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Nov 2010, 11:40 am

I didn't realize you were supposed to send a good bye email when you left a job. Why would this be necessary? The person writing this really had no reason to diss Aspies. It had nothing to do with his subject matter. In fact it defeated the purpose of what he was trying to relay by being nasty. It appeared that he wanted to write about how to have a classy departure, as opposed to, a nasty one.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 2:38 am

I didn't get it. Either I am too tired to even concentrate or it's my ADD.

Oh the writer has AS too it sounds like after reading the last comment.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 4:46 am

zaidjit wrote:
I didn't realize you were supposed to send a good bye email when you left a job. Why would this be necessary?

I've never gotten this either... Personally, the only goodbye e-mail I'd ever be caught writing would be "f*** you all, and f*** this company" :D.

Even stupider though is that nowadays you're expected to write a thank you note when you get an interview. :?