Autistic Boy Bitten By Substitute Teacher

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Vector
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2010, 12:16 pm

Quote:
A 6 year-old boy, diagnosed with severe autism, was bitten in his own classroom at Belvedere Elementary in West Palm Beach.

"This is upsetting to us, this is the first time this particular substitute has worked in this school, and I believe in this district," said Nat Harrington, Public Information Officer with Palm Beach County Schools.

According to the school's principal, it happened in front of two other teachers, who quickly reported the incident.

It is unclear what happened to provoke the attack, but the school said the teacher bit the 6 year-old in the arm.

Click here to read article

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:31 pm

What... The... F**k...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 12:43 pm

My mom has been bitten by a six year old autistic student and she didn't go biting him back.

The man wasn't qualified to work in that field.

MetalClassicRock123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2010, 1:02 pm

Vector wrote:
Quote:
A 6 year-old boy, diagnosed with severe autism, was bitten in his own classroom at Belvedere Elementary in West Palm Beach.

"This is upsetting to us, this is the first time this particular substitute has worked in this school, and I believe in this district," said Nat Harrington, Public Information Officer with Palm Beach County Schools.

According to the school's principal, it happened in front of two other teachers, who quickly reported the incident.

It is unclear what happened to provoke the attack, but the school said the teacher bit the 6 year-old in the arm.

Who the hell does stuff like that??? The teacher must have been more screwed up than the kid :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 1:49 pm

Another abusive man who hates autistics. Just great. :evil:

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 1:54 pm

It puts the thread about the autistic boy and his cage into perspective. If THIS kid had been in a cage this nutcase couldn't have bitten him.

Of course I would NEVER suggest that a fully functioning "normal" adult should be kept in a cage. It's not my place to suggest that maybe it isn't "autistics" who are a problem in society. What "normal" adult would act like an animal towards a child? Hmmmm.

Yes, I'm being facetious. Jam this tosser into a cage ASAP, and get him a muzzle as well.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:06 pm

Sounds like this guy was just a jerkass who couldnt tolerate this kid's autistic behavior and thought that substituting special needs kids would be an easy day.

This really terrifies me. Are the schools just letting any substitute they can find to sub a special needs class and are praying that they survive the day? I'm sure it's easy for these teachers to assume that these kinds of classes are nothing more than teaching mentally ret*d children...until they're confronted with an autistic kid.

...people need to wake up and realize that you cant dump Down Syndrome kids and autistics kid together in the same category...or even the same classroom. Your dealing with two different levels of chaos by doing this. But I guess it's cheaper for these schools to clump the abnormal kids together, isnt it?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:19 pm

Macbeth wrote:
It puts the thread about the autistic boy and his cage into perspective. If THIS kid had been in a cage this nutcase couldn't have bitten him.

Of course I would NEVER suggest that a fully functioning "normal" adult should be kept in a cage. It's not my place to suggest that maybe it isn't "autistics" who are a problem in society. What "normal" adult would act like an animal towards a child? Hmmmm.

Yes, I'm being facetious. Jam this tosser into a cage ASAP, and get him a muzzle as well.

Combining the usefull with the appropiate:
[img][800:740]http://tightropescorsetry.com/images/Dog%20hood.jpg[/img]
:P

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 2:26 pm

Was it a critical hit?

I want a cage.

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2010, 3:27 pm

Holy crap! I can't think of any words to describe how horrifying that is for the child, the family, AND the school district. That teacher should never be allowed to teach in any school again because he obviously has a hell of a lot of issues. :x

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:03 pm

Good thing that teacher was fired. He bites children.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:44 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

<snip>

I'll say it again: What... The... F**k?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 4:55 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

<snip>

I'll say it again: What... The... F**k?

:lmao:

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2010, 6:28 pm

Shame on that substitute :thumbdown: :ncool: :shameonyou:
What would he accomplish just by biting a six year old? Only Dracula can accomplish anything by biting people and Halloween's over already.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 6:46 pm

PHISHA51 wrote:
Shame on that substitute :thumbdown: :ncool: :shameonyou:
What would he accomplish just by biting a six year old? Only Dracula can accomplish anything by biting people and Halloween's over already.

He tried to get Pavlov on his arm, he must have thought: "it works with dogs so it must work with severe autistic people too."
If so, shamefully he wasn't the first to try... 'unlearning' Autism by ECT - Pavlov method link!

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2010, 1:44 am

I think we need to use a special containment device known as a jail cell on this "teacher", I so wish I could drive the black maria with the "teacher" inside to the local prison.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.