Premenstrual Mood Swings (warning: swearing inside)

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 5:49 pm

I hate being on my f*****g period and dealing with all these f*****g mood swings and not being able to cope with the small things that go wrong. Seriously, being over-emotional sucks.
Usually, I have an extremely level head, even in a crisis. But... man. I just hate this. It has this affect on me every other month or so when something just so happens to go wrong with the day and after that I just feel like everything is spiralling out of my control and there's nothing I can do about it.

Also, while I'm on a swearing jag (which, by the way, I never even have the slightest inclination towards during any other time of the month), I just want to say: f**k alarm clocks. f**k them to hell. f**k them all the way back to their dirty, awful hell where being on time is an arbitrary thing, subject to their f*****g alarm clock whims.

Also, chocolate and puppies are incredible. Goddammit I miss my dog!

pandorazmtbox
Toucan
Toucan

04 Nov 2010, 7:54 pm

You sound a lot like me. I try to stay away from chocolate when I feel like this, and other things that trigger migraines...it tends to intensify my feelings. I also make sure that I get some extra sleep and (much as it feels like it's going to kill me) extra exercise. Add in a huge dose of B vitamins for several days (although it's better if I can remember to start this before I start turning into Tank Girl on a rampage).

I hope you get some relief soon. Hang in there, Sistah!

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2010, 9:07 pm

I hope you feel better soon. It really does suck.

Not to be a medicine pusher, but have you tried Pamperin? I know Midol is the big period drug, but it never really worked for me. I found Pamperin (the one specifically with anti-irritability) to be great though; it doesn't make me feel completely normal, but it pushes my emotions back fairly close to where they usually are.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:18 pm

I am sorry I can totally relate! Chamomile tea helps, lavender baths help too I have heard, which I need to try and Aleive :( it sucks I know :(

Mir

Jaejoongfangirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2010, 11:31 pm

I'm facing a poorly timed mix of obligations right now too: I'm applying for scholarships, going to classes (or not, thanks a lot, clock) meeting with professors and advisors, asking for recommendation letters, trying to seem impressive and give good first impressions to influential people, writing application essays, working in the lab, studying for the 3 tests I have on monday... The list goes on. Oh how it goes on... Insanely busy week... I have my last 2 advisor/faculty meetings tomorrow, thank goodness. Ughhh and physics lab... D:

Also, this part is kind of funny:
I kid you not, in my cart today (along with my new alarm clock) was all of these: tampons, 2 jumbo bottles of advil (sale), water-proof mascara, dark chocolate covered cashews, peppermint tea, and comfy flannel pj pants. I wonder how I'm doing this week? Hahaha.

... I swear I can just be a walking cliche sometimes.

But the exercise really does help with the cramps and moodiness - I try to get more than usual. I wish I handled the sleep thing better but it's hard nowadays - so busy! And as far as quick-fix pill-pops for crippling cramps and crazy moodswings, I'm a fan of Advil liqui-gels myself. I take 3 or 4 and around 10 min later I'm spaced out but pain free. :D

Also, tea is delicious.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:15 pm

When I PMS, I usually don't get all crabby crackers, I rarely do, but rather, I get these huge bouts of depression like the whole world is going to fall apart and there is no light at the end of the trouble and my glass is half-full, but filled with poison and despair... It's a very yucky feeling...

I have this borage oil that I take which is supposed to help, I guess it does, but then again, it varies, if I get lucky, then there is usually no probelms that trigger depression and I am fine, but if one thing comes up, then I seriously cannot stop weeping...

Edit: Haha! All of that stuff was in your cart? Seriously? That's funny... Advil definitely works, but there is also this generic brand I get at Sam's club for less. It takes FOREVER TO WORK THOUGH!! ! That's why I have to take it right away before I do anything else... It also doesn't really help with my depression as much as I want to either... I usually tolerate my periods and they don't bother me, but when I get depressed... yeah...