Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2006, 6:27 am

I play classical and spanish guitar, taught myself when i was 11, have been playing 16 years but only practise sporadically. Am trying to learn fiddle too at teh moment, i played when i was a kid and am trying to pick it up again. Have a big problem though at the moment as i have now where to practise. The violin is quite loud and i'm worried about how much my neighbours will surfure while i'm getting better. I seem to do well with stringed intruments and pick up the basics quite quickly. Though i fall down with the practising.

SolitudeSpin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2006, 1:33 pm

I play guitar for 8 years. Such a beautiful instrument. Still praticing a little. ROCK HARD! to who ever plays. :lol:

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2006, 6:41 pm

I play electric, and I prefer Gibson Style instruments. I currently have a Godin LG, as well as some lightweight 8/4 Honduran Mahogany stock that I plan to fashion into a body design that I conceptualised in 1989. All I need now is to find a piece of flatsawn 12/4 Honduran Mahogany for the Neck, or find a decent 24.75" sacle glue-in neck premade.

Past Guitars I have owned:

Kent LP Copy (1984- 85)
'85 Squire Stratocaster, Cream with Maple Neck. --It ruined my then infatuation with Strats which I traded for a (1985)83 or 83 Yamaha SBG-500. ( Stolen, Late '85)
1970's Acoustic by Mosrite Black Widow with a really scary neck joint that I traded for a 1982 Guild X-79. ( Early 1986) I traded the Guild in for a Hagstrom Swede when I came to the conclusion that I hated pointy guitars two weeks after getting the Guild.

Traded the Hagstrom for a Washburn A-10, which was stolen a month later. ( Mid 1986)

Then I got a brand new Fender Esprit which was stolen a month later, then recovered when I saw it in a music store. Sold the Esprit for a pittance in 1991. While I had the Esprit, I also accquired an Ibanez Telecaster that sounded good clean, but sounded awful with distortion. got rid of it, and scored a really beat 1958 Gibson Les Paul Jr, whose headstock had been broken off, and was replaced with the headstock from a 70's LP Custom, thereby giving me a one of a kind Les Frankenstein. Only payed $175 for it during the music store's 10th anniversary 1/2 off sale in late 1987.

Sold the Les Frankenstein to a local musician in the fall of 1988 to finance an ill fated move to Vermont. --This guitar had apparently once belonged to a freind of Brownsville Station/NRBQ frontman Cub Coda, who was alleged to be interest in purchasing it for substatially more than I got rid of it for, when he couldn't be reached.

1980's Washburn LP Copy. Looked just like a 1950's Flametop with a Fender style Floating Tremolo. It was formerly a Washbern Sales Rep's Demo model, hence the fancy top. Hated the 25.5" scale length and the fact that it must have weighed about 20 pounds... that thing was heavy! Traded it to some jerk for a Bass guitar that I never recieved.

1990 Gibson reissue of a 1959 LP Jr. in TV Yellow. Sold both the Fender Esprit and the Gibson in Late 1991.

In 1992, I got a 1982 Silverburst LP Custom, that I sold several moths later when I was in Dire Financial straights.

In 1997, I bought a cheap Purple Washburn that looked like a Jackson with a 2 piece bridge. This guitar eventually suffered the fate of Pete Townsend's Danelectro Collection during a meltdown.

in 2K3, I had a Gibson LP Special that I sold in February 2K4 when I was let go from my job.

I was rehired at the job, and soon acquired an early 70's Gibson SG with an Ebony fretboard on a neck that had been broken. Looking at the body revealed that it was made from a 1960's SG Jr, or Melody Maker Body. This guitar suffered the fate as the Purple Washburn under very similar circumstances.