Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

drgreen19
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2010, 11:59 am

Hi, I guess I'm an aromantic straight guy. I usually hate the romance part of relationships (don't know why, but that's what life is) and I think that's one of the reasons why I can't find the right person. Anyone else in this position?

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 1:44 pm

A bit, but I am sucker for atmosphere so I guess I'm romantic to default

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 1:59 pm

Since I've only ever seen that word used here, and when I Googled it, I could only find it in Urban Dictionary, I assume it isn't actually real.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:05 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Since I've only ever seen that word used here, and when I Googled it, I could only find it in Urban Dictionary, I assume it isn't actually real.

Not an existing word, but do you get the picture? asymmetrical, asexual, apathy.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:08 pm

Wallourdes wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Not an existing word, but do you get the picture? asymmetrical, asexual, apathy.

I understand what it's meant to mean, but it still ain't a real word! :P

ReBabar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Nov 2010, 2:12 pm

I thought the question was "aromatic?" :D

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:33 pm

ReBabar wrote:
I thought the question was "aromatic?" :D

I did too at first glance :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:40 pm

I find romancing rather hard work. It doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to be affectionate in a verbal way. And I smell great.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 2:45 pm

Moog wrote:
I find romancing rather hard work. It doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to be affectionate in a verbal way. And I smell great.

*sniff* *sniff* :eew: :wink:

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:11 pm

What's wrong with making up words from time to time? Sometimes a made-up word is more descriptive than any real, already-available-for-use word.

I'm not really sure what it means to be romantic, so I don't know if I am or not. If it just means to express affection, then I suppose I am in my own way.

Moog wrote:
I find romancing rather hard work. It doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to be affectionate in a verbal way.

Funny, I find verbal expressions to be a lot more work than nonverbal ones.

Sanna12
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2015, 6:35 pm

Kaybee wrote:
What's wrong with making up words from time to time? Sometimes a made-up word is more descriptive than any real, already-available-for-use word.

I'm not really sure what it means to be romantic, so I don't know if I am or not. If it just means to express affection, then I suppose I am in my own way.

Moog wrote:
I find romancing rather hard work. It doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to be affectionate in a verbal way.

Funny, I find verbal expressions to be a lot more work than nonverbal ones.

Maybe this will help: http://www.asexuality.org/wiki/index.ph ... attraction

This sort of helped me :D