07 Nov 2010, 11:33 am

i normally collect sportcards and rocks

Hegel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2010, 12:46 pm

Extreme minimalist.
Less than 100 items for sure.

My both parents and broader family are horders, I guess my minimalism is some sort of reaction to that.

trissy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2010, 1:49 pm

obsessive minimalist here. if i don't need it, i can't have it. for some reason, i feel as if i have to be ready to move out of my home quickly and with all of my belongings.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 4:37 pm

Minimalist with everything but books. I have thousands of those.

robh

07 Nov 2010, 5:13 pm

Wow, was not expecting such a large response, there's a surprisingly large number of minimalists here :)

@Subotai: futon on the floor (jap style) or the couch/bed type?

@Atama: same, if I don't need something, I don't buy it. Basically live on the net nowadays anyway.

@leejosepho: If you want it to go to a good home, why not sell it?

@bee33: I highly recommend it, used to have a lot of stuff from my pre computer years, purged it all and feel much better for doing it.

@happymusic most people in the 'less than 100 things' (the 100 things challenge) category do not count shared items, only personal possessions.

@Hegel cool, have you always been minimalist?

@trissy do you want to travel or do you hate your current home/life situation?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

robh wrote:
So, are you a minimalist? Do you hate clutter and voluntarily live with less? I made the jump and have not looked back. Its refreshing not having so much junk to think about. My overprotection tendencies also do not kick in as much as they used to.

My goal is to be a minimalist. I don't like clutter. I like the idea of a room with just a bed and a chest of draws in it with a vase that has daisies or mums in it. I want only one or two pieces of furniture per room and very few plates and glasses in the kitchen. Maybe four towels and a stack of wash clothes in the bathroom. I want maybe four pairs of jeans and four shirts in the closet. My goal is to be able to move everything myself with no help from anyone, so I want to get light items and not very many of them.