Is this the same issue with anyone else here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 12:38 pm

So I see so many threads about people wanting or not being able to get girlfriends and etc. I have almost the complete opposite issue, A lot of girls like me and ask me out (I tend to not to this because I don't really know how) because they find me very funny (For some reason people find me hilarious and actually think I should go on to write for comedy stuff) or just because I'm a pretty easy going and intelligent guy. So getting girlfriends is the easy part for me, the hard part is keeping them because after about a week they realize I'm way to depressing to talk to and I just am not what a boyfriend should be because I don't show emotion the same way they do, I have issues with showing them enough attention, issues with conversations and that kind of stuff. Anyone in the same boat?

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 5:14 pm

bump

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2010, 5:59 pm

God do i know that feeling. The humor (as far as I go) comes from adversity in youth and the fact that if you just started complaining when you first met someone as to how hard it is to communicate with aspergers, theyd be gone quickly. Thinking entertaning/funny thoughts and projecting them seems to work well and WOMEN LOVE TO LAUGH so it definitely makes them happy. Unfortunately that can only go on for so long. Once they start seeing everything else other things can diminish. If you're alright with the achieving game (seeing how many girls you can hook up/get attention from) then you're ability to be funny and entertain will work wonders but it seems that for all people (nt OR aspie) sooner or later the hookup game gets old.

BTW the being funny game doesnt work for women trying to impress guys. For some reason its alright for a guy to be funny (maybe because women are more emotional and like to get that off by laughing) but not alright for a woman to be....go figure.

Xenu
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 6:03 pm

Joshandspot wrote:
God do i know that feeling. The humor (as far as I go) comes from adversity in youth and the fact that if you just started complaining when you first met someone as to how hard it is to communicate with aspergers, theyd be gone quickly. Thinking entertaning/funny thoughts and projecting them seems to work well and WOMEN LOVE TO LAUGH so it definitely makes them happy. Unfortunately that can only go on for so long. Once they start seeing everything else other things can diminish. If you're alright with the achieving game (seeing how many girls you can hook up/get attention from) then you're ability to be funny and entertain will work wonders but it seems that for all people (nt OR aspie) sooner or later the hookup game gets old.

BTW the being funny game doesnt work for women trying to impress guys. For some reason its alright for a guy to be funny (maybe because women are more emotional and like to get that off by laughing) but not alright for a woman to be....go figure.

Yeah that's my issue exactly... One night hook-ups are extremely easy but I'd rather have a relationship the majority of the time and it's almost impossible for that to work out...

Joshandspot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2010, 6:08 pm

Unless you've got really good skills understanding/talking to women this seems to be an issue with NTS. They cover it up by counting notches in a bedpost, but really thats there way of admitting they have no idea how to have a real relationship. If you're still young, theres nothing wrong with allowing the hookups to boost you're ego a bit until something worthwhile comes along but definitely give it time......the RIGHT girl won't care that you're a bit different anyway.