Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Faidin
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2010, 4:13 pm

so I can read, basically anything and remember crazy amounts of what I read - even years later for the most part. Having said that, I lose things all of the time! I'm one of the worst I've ever known, right now, I don't know where my VISA card is at. Am I worried, not really - I lose it weekly =(

Anyone else out there incapable of keeping up with the daily routine of taking something from one place, and returning it there - but outside of the house the analogy of being forgetful dies, right there?

It really, really sucks because right now - as I'm taking a break from searching to type this - my wife is raging mad! I don't drink or do drugs, so I'm excuse-less for the most part :oops:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Nov 2010, 4:42 pm

I have the opposite problem, i drop things! :x

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 4:45 pm

I am lucky if i remember half of what i read, but i can remember conversation's from 5 years ago.
Any way, i can't not put something back where it go's, if i don't i can't stop thinking about it until i put it (whatever "it" is) back where it go's.
The same can be said if some one else moves something.

richardbenson wrote:

Same here

Last edited by Titangeek on 06 Nov 2010, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

My mom seems to lose her cell phone on a daily basis. :lol:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 6:47 pm

If I don't remember to set my belongings in the same places every time, they are bound to get lost. I can't tell you how many times I've lost my iPods.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 7:27 pm

I don't normally put things back where they "belong" but I rarely lose them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 7:32 pm

richardbenson wrote:

I also do that.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 8:31 pm

I am confused about how dropping something is the opposite of losing something. :shrug:

I lose my cell phone often. I used to lose things all the time, but then I changed the way I do things and now, other than my phone I don't lose many things.

I still drop things daily.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 8:37 pm

i dropped a 500 page book on my foot yesterday :wall:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 9:42 pm

i lost stuff all the time when i was in the army. they were glad to get rid of me.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:19 pm

Sometimes I lose myself. I have gotten myself into some bad parts of town while going on a stroll and gotten lost out in the wilderness having no idea where I was before refinding myself again. I do lose my car keys and every once in a while will lock them in the car. I usually forget to bring my cell phone with me. I have an everything has its place philosophy, but it is more theoretical than practiced.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:20 pm

I almost never lose or misplace things, so it tends to drive me crazy when I do. It only happens a couple times a year, though, so I suppose it's not all that bad.

Talis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Nov 2010, 10:49 pm

I rarely lose things... but uh... when I do there's usually no logic in finding where I put it. I don't have any examples that come to mind exactly but just imagine finding your wallet in your refrigerator :? Yeah imagine stuff like that :oops:

I think it has something to do more with when I lost track of reality and don't catch myself subconsciously doing something dumb. Like a couple of times I've caught myself trying to put a gallon of milk in my pantry instead of my refrigerator where it is supposed to go... wow that would be bad not to catch. Other times I catch myself almost putting plates or silverware in the trash instead of the dishwasher... it's annoying when I get focused on something that isn't reality. So really the few times I do misplace things... I know it's going to be a treasure hunt minus any form of map :roll:

Last edited by Talis on 06 Nov 2010, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:54 pm

Talis wrote:
I rarely lose things... but uh... when I do there's usually no logic in finding where I put it. I don't have any examples that come to mind exactly but just imagine finding your wallet in your refrigerator :? Yeah imagine stuff like that :oops:

i once lost a jar of peanut butter and i found it 3 hours later when i went to the bathroom it was on the toilet tank...

yesterday i was walking to to the car and i noticed i was still carrying the tv remote.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:56 pm

Of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Of all the things that I've lost, I miss my mind the most. :lol:

lol