Journey of your personality, REALLY COOL!! !

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IWantYourSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Nov 2010, 6:21 am

chrissyrun wrote:
Describe these things, and I will tell you what it means you think about yourself...

THE JOURNEY...

You are walking along a path,
Describe the: weather that day, and the path

You find a bowl on the path,
Describe the: bowl, what is or isn't in it, and what you do or don't do with it

You find a key on the path,
Describe the: Key, what you do or don't do with it

You come across a body of water,
Describe: the body of water, and how you get across it

You come across a house,
Describe: the house, and if/how you interact with it

You come across a wall,
Describe: the wall, and if/how you get around it or do with it

The weather is fine with a few fluffy clouds in the sky. It is late afternoon. The path is paved with small cobblestones and isn't particularly straight or smoothly surfaced. There is some moss on the edges.

The bowl is a rather huge and ordinary looking unglazed ceramic contraption in the shape of a fish bowl. There's a dead leprechaun inside.

The key looks very antique. It's for a letterbox. I stick it in my pocket to pawn later.

The body of water is a lagoon with ducks, geese and ibises populating the water and edges. I walk around the lagoon to the other side, trying not to piss off the geese.

The house is a beautiful looking queenslander with verandahs all the way around. I sit on an antique church pew on the front verandah, overlooking the lagoon once more.

The wall is made with large bricks and has hanging vines growing all over it. There is wrought iron adorning the top of the wall. I walk along the wall till I find the gate which is wrought iron as well.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2010, 7:36 am

This seems quite interesting but I don't quite understand it. Could you possibly explain it better?

kitana10
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2010, 12:27 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
You are walking along a path, Describe the: weather that day, and the path

It's a gorgeous autumn day, the sky is blue, and the sun is shining. The path is lined with pine, spruce, and other trees. There is a richly colored carpet of autumn leaves, an abundance of orange, tawny russet, red and gold leaves to rustle under my feet.

chrissyrun wrote:

The bowl is blue, with a scroll design around the outside border. It is lying upside down on the path. I pick it up and fill it with acorns.

chrissyrun wrote:

The key is an old fashioned skeleton key with ornate carvings. I put it in my pocket.

chrissyrun wrote:

There is a small lake. I look for a boat. If I can't find one, I look for a trail that leads around the body of water.

chrissyrun wrote:
You come across a house,

A cottage, or a log cabin big enough for one. I peer in the windows to see if anyone occupies it, and if not, I enter and explore. If it is occupied, I avoid it.

chrissyrun wrote:
You come across a wall,

The wall is built of stones, and it is about chest high. I find footholds and climb over it.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 3:08 pm

^^ Yaye thankee very much for this lovely game chrissyrun. I believe that this was very fun for me.

hermione124
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Nov 2010, 5:28 pm

THE JOURNEY...

i am walking in a glen, the path is not a formal path but more of a trail made by other walkers. the surrounding area is green, a river on one side, forest on the other side of the river, and to my other side a big grassy hill. it is overcast and drizzling slightly and the trail is muddy. i have on my wellyboots so my feet are dry.

i find a small wooden bowl, very ancient looking, despite its age in good condition. i pick it up and examine it. i put it in my bag intending to do some research, and hand it in to the local museum.

a brass key that could belong to an old building, it is rusted and covered with mud. i also pocket this. things like this appeal to me.

it is the river which the trail i am on now crosses. there are stones and logs in the river which seems shallow enough to cross. i have little balance so i find a stick to help me balance as a use the stones as steps.

You come across a house,

it is an old farm house with crumbling brickwork, i can see where out houses used to be and the main homestead. i take some pictures of the house to show my son, who likes houses such as these.

You come across a wall,

The wall comes up to my waist, it is too wide to go around as i cant see the end in either direction. it is a red brick wall. i decide to have a rest and sit on the wall. and then climb over and carry on walking.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 6:50 pm

BriannaBee wrote:
This seems quite interesting but I don't quite understand it. Could you possibly explain it better?

I understand (least, I think I do) but don't "get" it - the idea is that you are provided with a sketchy outline of a story and there is an (unspoken) invitation that you fill in the details using your imagination, which is followed by the peculiar but hardly surprising assertion that this reveals something significant about your life. :wink:

The year is still young.

MaskedJackal
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2010, 7:16 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Describe these things, and I will tell you what it means you think about yourself...

THE JOURNEY...

The weather is cloudy, some chance of rain, but there's sun shining through as well. I'm unsure as to whether it just rained or is just about to rain, but things seem humid. The path is in a forest. I can't tell if it's paved or not, but regardless, the trees are widely spaced enough to give a feeling of openness.

Quote:

The bowl is medium-sized and blue, similar to the bowls I've always used since I was a kid. There's some kind of food in it, probably an apple, cut up, with the skin still on it. I eat it, and keep the bowl with me, I don't wish to litter, and I might even use it, or give it back to whoever left it there. Perhaps some guilt over eating the apple, but obviously the person who left it there didn't care about it, and would have left it to rot.

Quote:

The key is clean, probably silver or gold, and looks like the sort of key from a video-game, like in Legend of Zelda. I take the key with me. I didn't meet anyone on the way to the key, and if there's somebody ahead, I can ask them if it's their key. I even wonder if it's my key.

Quote:

It's a large river, not moving too rapidly, but it looks a good distance to swim. I test the water, and realize it gets deeper as it goes in. I attempt to swim across it, not having the knowledge to make a raft, and not seeing an easy crossing in sight. I feel stupid, doing this, when there could be a crossing somewhere else, but I won't be strong unless I make this crossing.

You come across a house,
The house looks old and abandoned, like noones used it for years. I enter and explore it. Perhaps I find some details about it, and wish to renovate it, or perhaps I wish to tear it down, it all depends on what happened there. Either way, I let it be there, as a reminder that it happened, so that noone forgets whatever lesson could be learned there.

Quote:
You come across a wall,

The wall is about waist-height, and stony. I walk over it, and wonder why someone put a wall in the middle of the path.

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:23 am

THE JOURNEY...

The path is simple and boring. It runs in a straight line, never deviating from that course for any reason so far as I can see. There are obstructions. Most notably, a thick tree has fallen across the path. I step over it with a grunt of effort and continue on my way. The weather is a bit chilly but I've brought my jacket so who cares?

The bowl is simple, made of plastic. A strange brown encrustation fills the bowl, about halfway up one side but not the other. I ponder what this could be, but it's not exactly important. I kick the bowl off the path into the undergrowth carelessly.

The key is rusty and half-buried in mud right smack dab in the middle of my path. It is thus unremarkable. I make no move to pick it up or examine it in any way. I merely acknowledge its presence with a cursory glance before continuing on my way with barely a pause in my journey.

There is a river flowing through the course of the path and someone has thoughtfully arranged stepping stones for other travelers. I hop across them carefully and continue on my way.

You come across a house,
It's an old cabin, obviously long since abandoned. It is in the middle of a small clearing. There are five or six large holes punched through the walls, and those are only the ones I can see from my angle. I kneel in the path and pick up something there. It is a shotgun shell, dropped by someone and forgotten. Someone has been through here shooting at the cabin. Hmm... I step through the undergrowth into the clearing to check out this cabin. I peer through the space where a window had been before one of the shotgun blasts shattered it. Perhaps something else shattered it. Who knows? I wonder what happened to the owners. Why would they abandon it? I shrug and return to the path and continue on my way.

You come across a wall,
It's a simple crumbling stone wall, about chest-high. Beyond it, the path is overgrown. Maybe that's why the wall is here. Maybe it's a warning not to venture into whatever lies beyond. I consider this before shrugging once more and hopping the wall and continuing on my way and ignoring the warning.

turkey87953
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2010, 3:46 am

THE JOURNEY...

Describe the: It is a cool spring day
Describe the: the bowl is a clear glass bowl. i pick it up and smash it.

Describe the:It is a old fashion brass key with patterns and nice texture. i keep it.

Describe:a big puddle i walk strate through it jumping mostly

You come across a house,
Describe: old abandond and decrepit overgrown with weeds and bushes and trees i will explre it a little.

You come across a wall,
Describe: a big brick wall climb up it to see whats on the other side.