Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 6:35 pm

Pretty sure the boyfriend is going to dump me.
Another one bites the dust.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 6:59 pm

What happened?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:02 pm

Short story: I said his mother is better off dead than seeing what he's turned out to be. He left and won't answer his phone.
I ruined this too.
I didn't mean it, his mother would be so so proud of him. I was just angry.
But theres some things you just don't say, even when you're angry.
I'm a sick person.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:09 pm

I wish he was abusive and horrible to me, so I could say he deserved it.
But he's the best and most caring and understanding guy i've ever met. Ever.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:48 pm

oh god. no. how awful. maybe he just needs to cool off and will come back.

(((((hugs)))))

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

Oh nooooooooooooooes. *hugs* D:

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:58 pm

emlion wrote:
But theres some things you just don't say, even when you're angry.
I'm a sick person.

When you're mad or just plain pissed off, self control is out the window. I'm known to say things I don't mean when I'm pissed off.
Give your BF a few days. I'm fairly certain things will resolve if he truly cares about you.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 7:59 pm

he texted me and said 'go to bed, em and don't do anything stupid.'

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2010, 8:00 pm

Um... apologize right away :X

You know you shouldn't have said it, and it came out in anger... even if you are still upset at him for whatever the fight was about, at least apologize for saying that, and tell him you really didn't mean it and that it was a moment of frustration :X

Really... even if he does end up breaking up with you, don't leave something like that unsaid... we all say things in anger, even things we really really really shouldn't, and never honestly thought of until that moment; but the other doesn't know that you don't mean it...

Honestly, I would say exactly what you wrote here... you can write it an an email, something like...

"Hey... I'm still upset about [*inserttimeoffighthere*], and won't pretend that everything is ok, but I want to apologize for what I said.
I didn't mean to say that about your mother. I just said it out of shear anger and frustration. She should be extremely proud of you, so please don't take it to heart. I'm really sorry for having said that. You are one of the best, most caring, and understanding guys I have ever met, and don't want to lose this. I know I should never had said that, and regretted it the instant it came out, but I hope you know I didn't mean it, and don't let it affect you. I'm sorry. =/"

Something like that... you don't have to be over the fight, but I think you should apologize for it right away, because its clear you regret it, and there is no need let him keep hurting over something you didn't mean. (not saying apologizing will fix anything, but its the right thing to do... when my best friend's fiance broke up with him, she said some pretty nasty things to him, and didn't apologize for it... its still affecting him months later, and caused him to become suicidal... its not the ONLY reason, no, but its a big one. Just hearing things like that from someone you love hurts a lot, so try taking it back if you can .___.)

Best of luck.... x______x;

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:00 pm

You must have been seriously pissed off to have got so personal like that. What did he do? If he squeezes the toothpaste from the middle you may have just over reacted a tad

Still im sure your not the only one whos ruined a perfectly good relationship/friendship through this kinda stuff, I have to confess i've done the same thing many years ago, but that was in the past and whatever happens maybe you salvage this relationship maybe you don't you just move on either way learn from your mistakes and make improvements as you go along.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:01 pm

i did apologize. left him texts, voicemail.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:03 pm

Laz wrote:
You must have been seriously pissed off to have got so personal like that. What did he do? If he squeezes the toothpaste from the middle you may have just over reacted a tad

Still im sure your not the only one whos ruined a perfectly good relationship/friendship through this kinda stuff, I have to confess i've done the same thing many years ago, but that was in the past and whatever happens maybe you salvage this relationship maybe you don't you just move on either way learn from your mistakes and make improvements as you go along.

it's my own stupid insecurities. he saw me when i was looking at how fat and scarred i was, and i thought he was spying on me, when in reality he had come home and even shouted 'hello' but i was so engrossed in what i was doing i didn't notice so i over-reacted because i'd had a really, really bad day before that.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

Maybe things will get better once you two cool down. If he told you to go to bed and not do anything stupid, it may be a course way of saying that he doesn't want you to do anything to yourself, meaning he cares. That's just my take on it. :(

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:05 pm

Ok well, best go tell him that so he knows what the score is.

Oh and you arn't fat i'm fat get off my turf be'yatch

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Nov 2010, 8:06 pm

Then just give it some time .___. least he responded to you (even if it was detatched). Try not to worry too too much x.x (know how hard that is, I'm still kicking myself over things I've said over a decade ago, but not much good will come about fretting about it)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2010, 8:12 pm

but i love him.