Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Do scars affect the way men look at you?
Yes, every time. 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Yes, sometimes. 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Yes, rarely. 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
No, never. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 7:03 am

I was just wondering - do lots of scars on a womans body (some self inflicted, some not) turn guys off?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 7:13 am

im gonna be honest and say yes, sometimes. It really is dependent on where and why it happened.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 7:16 am

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
im gonna be honest and say yes, sometimes. It really is dependent on where and why it happened.

In my case - some are from self harm and others are from ex-boyfriends who liked to burn ciggerretes and other things out on me.
Will this put my boyfriend off more and more?
For the past year I haven't let it bother me, but more and more lately they disgust me.

Smike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 7:57 am

If your boyfriend is attracted to you then it won't be a problem. Don't worry about it. Something like that wouldn't put me off a girl if I liked her.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:35 am

Smike wrote:
If your boyfriend is attracted to you then it won't be a problem. Don't worry about it. Something like that wouldn't put me off a girl if I liked her.

He says it doesn't bother him, but sometimes i swear (probably just paranoia) that he's looking at them a lot.

ps. love your DP. fight club is the best film.

musicboxforever
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 11:55 am

I have some pretty horrific scars from being in a road accident and its unbelievable how many people don't even notice. I sometimes have to point it out. I worked with a guy for 2 years and he didn't even notice. I suppose if the scarring was on my face people would notice more. Some guys think it's really cool though and are slightly fascinated by it.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 12:06 pm

musicboxforever wrote:
I have some pretty horrific scars from being in a road accident and its unbelievable how many people don't even notice. I sometimes have to point it out. I worked with a guy for 2 years and he didn't even notice. I suppose if the scarring was on my face people would notice more. Some guys think it's really cool though and are slightly fascinated by it.

As I said, It all depends. Personality can easily help me get over scarring.

to be a bit more specific, self-mutilation DOES put me off. I can try and help a woman I have feeling for stop it, but if she doesnt, then she gets crossed off of the "prospecting" list. Now if it is from an accident it really doesnt bug me, and as for abuse, id have to take a REALLY good look at her personality. I have issues dealing with other peoples emotional baggage and Id at least like to know her "mental chessboard" before I decide.

I am not a nurterur. I have tried and failed at that quite a few times. I may be verbally rough but it is usually to help drive a point home. I just simply prefer to be straightforward in my communication.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 12:09 pm

I have acne scars and I know it doesn't look pretty. I cover them with the foundation.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 12:36 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
I have acne scars and I know it doesn't look pretty. I cover them with the foundation.

Those dont really bug me much unless its like an extremely huge one, but even then, they are natural, so they dont really bug me much.

Smike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 1:06 pm

emlion wrote:
Smike wrote:

He says it doesn't bother him, but sometimes i swear (probably just paranoia) that he's looking at them a lot.

ps. love your DP. fight club is the best film.

Nah, he's just looking at YOU coz you're his girlfriend and he likes you :P

Obviously I can't speak for your boyfriend, but I really think you're probably just overly paranoid about them because you're self conscious about it, which is understandable but not needed IMO. If you like a girl then some scars aren't gonna change anything, honestly

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:05 pm

i refuse to care about what men think of my scars. they are part of me. i carry them around all of the time, and i can't eliminate them. so all i can do is accept them.

i am clumsy and i scar easily. i worked a grill cook for a year, so i got a lot of burns. i also have a long line from a knife across my forearm, which looks like a suicide attempt, and other cuts and stuff here and there. none are self-inflicted, but they must look like they are.

if people care, they don't mention it, and anybody who is turned off can show themselves out the door.

(emlion, your BF is very likely concerned about you creating new scars. he probably worries a lot)

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:10 pm

he does worry a lot.
i worry if i keep doing it i'm going to push him away.
i think i am better with it now.
i used to do it every day, and use hair straighters to burn myself too - but i don't do that anymore.

i hope they're not too ugly.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 8:19 pm

emlion wrote:
he does worry a lot.
i worry if i keep doing it i'm going to push him away.
i think i am better with it now.
i used to do it every day, and use hair straighters to burn myself too - but i don't do that anymore.

i hope they're not too ugly.

i'm sure he finds every bit of you beautiful. he maybe wonders why you didn't cherish yourself as much as he cherishes you. i understand the tendency to push people away. i do that too, but in different ways.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 12:32 pm

Valoyossa wrote:

Same here.

I have dermatillomania (compulsive skin-picking) and my latest breakout has left me with a lot of unsightly scabs on my face. When I went swimming last night, it seemed like a lot of people stared at me.