Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 3:13 pm

Recently, I tried to take the behind the wheel test, and was very anxious. I made so many mistakes on the test, that I failed. This caused me to cry and cry. I do have mild Asperger's, but I couldn't help but think the crying was immaturity. Which is it? I knew intellectually, that I wouldn't pass, but still had m hopes up. :cry:

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

Did you cry right there in the car in front of the examiner or later, at home in private? The first would be more a melt down than the second, IMHO.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2010, 4:37 pm

It depends on the severity of the crying, how your body felt as you were crying & whether or not you were physically exhausted afterwards, etc.

floating
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2010, 4:44 pm

Perhaps you had a degree of sensory overload that contributed to you failing the test. But the crying was probably just frustration. I tend to get a little down after a significant 'shutdown' experience which I think is understandable considering how frustrating such an experience can be.

DeeLerious184
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 6:20 pm

I cried in front of the tester after the test. :(

kinftw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2010, 6:54 pm

Quote:
It depends on the severity of the crying, how your body felt as you were crying & whether or not you were physically exhausted afterwards, etc.

Agreed. Meltdowns are basically feelings of uncontrolled emotion, and make you very tired afterward.