Scientology behind vaccine and autism misinformation?

Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:30 pm

I believe some of it is plausible, while probably not the medication itself (more likely the perservative added to the vaccine so it doesn't degrade), some kids could have a reaction and triggers certain genes that were dormant and the kid would have merely been carrying the genes otherwise.

I think the fear is largely overblown, and think some of the newer replacements could be far worse.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:43 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Not to prolong the debate, but I heard an autism awareness ad on the radio the other day, and I found it interesting. They detailed "normal" behavior that if lacking in a child could be an indication of autism...every one of them were enumerated long before 1.5 years of age.

I know there are a long list of "autism" cases where the kids exhibited no signs of autistic tendencies...appeared normal in every way, then after they get a battery of mandated vaccinations, the kid has a reaction and is never quite right...later gets a Dx of autism.

If the child was always autistic, it is not very credible that the child would be normal in every observable way then suddenly change. That indicates something happened from an outside (sic) source. I know there are many doctors who are not so much put off with the number of mandated vaccinations, but rather HOW SOON they are pushed onto children and how many at one time. I remember getting vaccinations as a child....once every now and then, but I was certainly a good sized child by the time I got the last of them. You got them in stages...with boosters to build the immunity.

When you look at the outright POISON they are allowed to put into common food and drink sold on the market...OTC meds that can actually cause organ failure when used for a prolonged period, etc. and sometimes outright attacks on older, proven meds and substances so they are demonized in favor of the latest chem that's been patented...I am very wary of any claim that comes from Big Pharma.

I believe in vaccinations, but I get them when I feel they can be trusted. I weigh the risk I face without it versus the benefit promised.

Keep in mind, while I know this sounds like conspiracy talk, I know there are many people who have been the victims of bio warfare experimentation...often in the military. People there can easily be lied to about what they are having injected into them, and they really aren't given the option to refuse the shot(s). One guy I worked with had no history of respiratory illness until he was in the Marine Corps. Got a series of shots for "pneumonia," and came down with it shortly later. Every year after that, he always had some level of pneumonia in the spring. When he got his medical records from the military, there were no entries for that time period when he and his unit were given those shots. Everything else was documented.

I agree with most of these sentiments, but I think it's a little more complicated with children and autism diagnosises (plural for diagnosis?). Parents aren't always the most reliable source for assessing their child's behavior. Often times, while a child may not be diagnosed until 3, 4, or older, the signs were there earlier, but just not recognized. Anecdotally, it might seem the like the symptoms were sudden, but in actuality, they might have been present all along. It's certainly a challenge to get the real data on the matter.

My son, for example, was diagnosed at age 5 (long waiting lists, insurance battles, etc.), but I knew something wasn't quite right from the day he was born. My husband, on the other hand, wasn't really convinced until he saw it in writing. He did have an adverse reaction to a MMR booster at age 2 or 3 (can't remember :oops: ) and developed quite a rash along with a high fever and aches. I think if there wasn't a strong genetic component in our family, my husband might have been inclined to go along with the vax theory. Not me, though. I knew our kid was awesome form birth :) !

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:43 pm

I would probably never get vaccinated again, even if mandatory (which they're trying to push). Most well-informed people don't because of the risk as opposed to the benefits. Here are some interesting articles explaining in-depth what newspapers and the tv won't tell you. I personally don't believe in Scientology, or what the stance is on such things .. however I know that being vaccinated can cause neurological disorders and other risks that aren't worth taking.

government adviser on payroll

legal immunity to swine flu vaccine makers

educated families not getting vaccinated

vaccine causing more deaths than the virus itself

the goals for getting vaccinated

**Swine Flu Additives**

Novartis Focetria Adjuvanted H1N1
Influenza Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Polysorbate 80: Sterilie Agent
Potassium Chloride: Neurotoxin
Squalene: Neurotoxin
Thimerosal: Neurotoxin

Novartis H1N1 Monovalent Influenza Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Beta-Propiolactone: Carcinogen
Polymyxin: Neurotoxin
Neomycin: Immunotoxin

GlaxoSmithKline Arepanrix Adjuvanted
H1N1 Influenza Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Formaldehyde : Carcinogen
Sodium Deoxycholate: Immunotoxin

GlaxoSmithKline Pandemrix Adjuvanted
Octoxynol 10: Immunotoxin

GlaxoSmithKline Fluarix 2009-2010
Formula Ingredients/Toxicity

Sanofi-Pasteur H1N1 Influenza Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Polyethylene Glycol: Systemic Toxin

MedImmune H1N1 Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Monosodium Glutamate: Neurotoxin
Gentamicin Sulfate: Nephrotoxic
Monobasic Potassium Phosphate: Immunotoxin

FLUARIX 2009 Latest Package Insert Ingredients/Toxicity

CSL PANVAX H1N1 Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Sodium Taurodeoxycholate: Carcinogen/Immunotoxin

CSL Afluria H1N1 Influenza Vaccine Ingredients/Toxicity
Neomycin Sulfate: Immunotoxin
Polymyxin B: Neurotoxin

Adverse Reactions of Vaccines

* Pain
* Redness
* Swelling
* Fatigue
* Headaches
* Arthralgia (joint inflammation)
* Myalgia (muscle inflammation)
* Shivering
* Sweating
* Swollen lymph nodes
* Fever
* Vomiting
* Tingling or numbness of the hands or feet
* Shortness of breath
* Vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels)

Serious adverse reactions are as follows:

* Blood and lymphatic system disorders (lymphadenopathy)

* Psychiatric disorders (insomnia)

* Nervous system disorders (dizziness, paraesthesia, inflammation of the central nervous system, inflammation of nerves, autoimmune disorders affecting myelin sheaths of nerves such as Guillain-Barré Syndrome)

* Ear and labyrinth disorders (vertigo)

* Respiratory, thoracic and mediastinal disorders (dyspnoea)

* Gastrointestinal disorders (nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, dyspepsia, stomach discomfort)

* Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders (pruritus, rash)

* Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders (back pain, musculoskeletal stiffness, neck pain, muscle spasms, pain in extremity)

* General disorders and administration site conditions (bruising, asthenia, chest pain, malaise)

Last edited by Raymond_Fawkes on 11 Nov 2010, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:44 pm

91 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
zer0netagain, if you really think that there is a cover up about lack of safety in vaccines, I can just say: wow, just wow...

Explain how a batch of flu vaccine was contaminated with the actual virus...would have made thousands come down with the very disease it was meant to prevent. Made in the USA, missed by every QC check in place, and the gov did nothing to investigate how such a cluck-up could happen.

Sorry...seen too many horror stories from stuff rushed to market because of someone's profit motive.

Yeah, I got another horror story. Outbreak of virus we already have a vaccine for :roll:

those sure are some great arguments for additional government intervention.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:48 pm

waltur wrote:
91 wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
zer0netagain, if you really think that there is a cover up about lack of safety in vaccines, I can just say: wow, just wow...

Explain how a batch of flu vaccine was contaminated with the actual virus...would have made thousands come down with the very disease it was meant to prevent. Made in the USA, missed by every QC check in place, and the gov did nothing to investigate how such a cluck-up could happen.

Sorry...seen too many horror stories from stuff rushed to market because of someone's profit motive.

Yeah, I got another horror story. Outbreak of virus we already have a vaccine for :roll:

those sure are some great arguments for additional government intervention.

Got news for you, vaccines are either made up of dead virus genetic information for the immune system to react to or of a virus that is similar (but not dangerious to humans) that will trigger an immune response.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 3:05 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
I would probably never get vaccinated again, even if mandatory (which they're trying to push). Most well-informed people don't because of the risk as opposed to the benefits. Here are some interesting articles explaining in-depth what newspapers and the tv won't tell you. I personally don't believe in Scientology, or what the stance is on such things .. however I know that being vaccinated can cause neurological disorders and other risks that aren't worth taking.

**Swine Flu Additives**

* Pain
* Redness
* Swelling
* Fatigue
* Headaches
* Shivering
* Sweating
* Swollen lymph nodes
* Fever
* Vomiting
* Shortness of breath

* Nervous system disorders (dizziness, paraesthesia, inflammation of the central nervous system, inflammation of nerves, autoimmune disorders affecting myelin sheaths of nerves such as Guillain-Barré Syndrome)

* Gastrointestinal disorders (nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, dyspepsia, stomach discomfort)

* Musculoskeletal and connective tissue disorders (back pain, musculoskeletal stiffness, neck pain, muscle spasms, pain in extremity)

* General disorders and administration site conditions (bruising, asthenia, chest pain, malaise)

--

I'm curious on what people think about this

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 4:26 pm

It's mostly BS pushed by someone who doesn't know what words like 'neurotoxin' and 'immunotoxin' mean, nor what the significance of dosage is.

Take squalene, just as an example: simplistically listed as a "neurotoxin," it's actually a naturally-derived compound used as an adjuvant; it increases the immune response to the vaccine and means that a smaller dose of vaccine can produce the same immune response.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squalene

These people sneer at the scientists who debunk their hysteria and simultaneously wail that 'science supports our hypothesis,' in just the same way that HIV denialists and creationists do.

It is true that adverse reactions to vaccines happen (the most common is an allergic reaction due to egg allergies; the virus is grown in chicken eggs), but the adverse reactions are generally on the level of 'sore arm for a day or two.' Rashes are the next most common reaction; significant, dangerous reactions are extremely rare - in most cases, less rare than the significant, dangerous effects of actually catching the virus being vaccinated for.

I work at a hospital and every year I get vaccinated for the flu as soon as possible; I would have been re-vaccinated for pertussis this year because there's an outbreak here in California that has killed 10 babies, largely due to the decrease in herd immunity due to idiots not vaccinating their kids, but I had already gotten the TDAP booster last fall after I was bitten by a mouse that I rescued from my cat.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 5:22 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

... sigh ...

I think it is a bunch of bull. It is just about the same generic stuff you learn from anti-vax people ALL THE DAY.

The legal immunity thing has been widely exaggerated, but it was necessary to get the vaccine so quickly.

The problem is that secondary effects are well known. In fact, the body is supposed to have a reaction to the vaccine. Because in great part, many of the symptoms of a disease are caused by the body's attempts to fix it. And when you get vaccinated, you are forcing the body to think you are getting the disease so that it generates the anti-bodies.

Vaccines can VERY RARELY trigger certain conditions like the GBS, but the thing is... that flu itself triggers it anyway. That's what happens there, instead of getting the syndrome from the flu you would get if you don't get vaccinated, you get it because of the vaccine.

The remaining of the generic anti-vax speech is to talk about "toxins". There is a big issue with most of those lists of toxins. For most of the "toxins" then either:
a) The thing is not to be found at all in the vaccine. And the guy completely made things up.
b) The thing was only used to produce the vaccine and is not in the vaccine at all.
c) The thing is proven to be safe in the infinitesimal amount in which it is in the vaccine if not downright generated by the body (ie: squalene).

Now, what really (and I mean REALLY) is a DEAD HORSE is the notion that vaccines in any way could possibly cause autism. I need to seriously put things clearly here THERE IS NOT EVEN A CORRELATION BETWEEN THEM. What this theory caused was many studies to be done, and they still kept getting done. That's a lot of money wasted to always reach the same conclusion, that there is no link at all between vaccines and autism. Oh sure, there are studies that show the link. But they are all horribly flawed and sponsored by ALT med entities which are as bad if not worse than "big pharma"*. Or sponsored by trial lawyers, like what happened to that Dr. That was the first guy to make the whole thing about autism and vaccines up. That guy was found to make FRAUD, and got his license revoked.

Most of the greatly misinformed population in the US are skipping vaccines. The result is that preventable diseases like measles are back. Kudos to them.

Anyway, I am not a great source in this matter, so please learn it from actual medics and scientists from science based medicine : http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?cat=36 it is full of most of the answers to common slander that is given to vaccines.

* I vehemently think that although big pharma are not saints. Alt med people are not any better (or are worse). Because alt med do not only get rich from sick people (like big pharma) they get rich by selling stuff that is not tested (at all) and is not proven to work (at all). It is actually funny when people complain about the quantity of test subjects for a vaccine being low, while at the same time they promote 'natural' remedies that are not tested at all.

If you do not think that alt med are not a bunch of greedy people selling you stuff that don't work. Try googling about the opposition in Europe that there is against a 2004 directive to make these natural remedies require the same amount of testing as traditional medicines.

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 11 Nov 2010, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waltur
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 5:25 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

**Swine Flu Additives**

* Pain
* Redness
* Swelling
* Fatigue
* Headaches
* Shivering
* Sweating
* Swollen lymph nodes
* Fever
* Vomiting
* Shortness of breath

--

i'm curious on how people who have access to the entire internet can be seduced by infowars.com.

and i'm very sad for children whose parents are anti-vaccine.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 5:27 pm

waltur wrote:

and i'm very sad for children whose parents are anti-vaccine.

They may get sick and die. But what is worse is that they will spread disease.

ruveyn

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:26 pm

the babies who died of pertussis here in California were all too young to have gotten the vaccine.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

I haven't gotten vaccinated for anything in years. I haven't been sick in years either. Maybe it's an coincidence, but I tend to eat healthy and drink healthy aswell while also keeping in shape. I understand people who work for a industry rationalize it to make it seem like they're doing a good thing, but you need to look at it in the logical perspective that in today's pharmaceutical world they're looking for profits, not cures. I feel bad for the people who haveto take 5+ pills a day, but I understand they put themselves in that position. I noticed how they hyped up the SwineFlu to be the biggest pandemic ever, hardly anyone got vaccinated .. and the hype died out after the makers and insiders got billions of dollars richer.

• 61 million Americans were vaccinated against swine flu (about 20% of the U.S. population). The CDC calls this a "success" even though it means 4 out of 5 people rejected the vaccines.

• 55 million people "became ill" from swine flu infections.

• 246,000 Americans were hospitalized due to swine flu infections.

• 11,160 Americans died from the swine flu.

according to the CDC.

Base on these statistics, the CDC is now desperately urging people to get vaccinated because they claim the pandemic might come back and vaccines are the best defense. $ Cha Ching $

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 6:40 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
I haven't gotten vaccinated for anything in years. I haven't been sick in years either. Maybe it's an coincidence, but I tend to eat healthy and drink healthy aswell while also keeping in shape. I understand people who work for a industry rationalize it to make it seem like they're doing a good thing, but you need to look at it in the logical perspective that in today's pharmaceutical world they're looking for profits, not cures. I feel bad for the people who haveto take 5+ pills a day, but I understand they put themselves in that position. I noticed how they hyped up the SwineFlu to be the biggest pandemic ever, hardly anyone got vaccinated .. and the hype died out after the makers and insiders got billions of dollars richer.

• 61 million Americans were vaccinated against swine flu (about 20% of the U.S. population). The CDC calls this a "success" even though it means 4 out of 5 people rejected the vaccines.

according to the CDC.

Base on these statistics, the CDC is now desperately urging people to get vaccinated because they claim the pandemic might come back and vaccines are the best defense. $ Cha Ching $

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 7:07 pm

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:

according to the CDC.

Those statistics do make a good case for why more people should have been vaccinated against swine flu. When 246 thousand people are hospitalized and over 11 thousand die, why do you think vaccination is just a $$ scam?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:35 pm

@ Raymond Fawkes:
the vaccine was offered for free to the public; even though the government paid the vaccine makers, vaccines are some of the lowest-profit medical interventions that a company can produce; it's far more profitable to treat a sick person for the disease that the vaccine prevents.

As far as you not getting sick: good for you. For your sake, I hope that you're able to maintain that arrogance for years, but the simple fact of the matter is that you're lucky and deluded (and perhaps socially isolated). It's true that some people who get sick aren't taking care of themselves, but sometimes it's because they're working two or three jobs to take care of their kids and have neither the time nor the money to spend an hour or two in the gym every day - or even to get a full night's sleep, often.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 12:08 am

* The swine flu is simply another flu. It is not unusually deadly.
* This is the first time both seasonal and pandemic flu vaccines will be administered. Both seasonal flu and swine flu vaccines will require two inoculations. This is because single inoculations have failed to produce sufficient antibodies. This is an admission that prior flu vaccines were virtually useless. Can you trust them this time?
* Adjuvants are added to vaccines to boost production of antibodies but may trigger autoimmune reactions. Some adjuvants are mercury (thimerosal), aluminum and squalene. Why would you sign a consent form for your children to be injected with mercury, which is even more brain-toxic than lead?
* This is the first year mock vaccines have been used to gain FDA approval. The vaccines that have been tested are not the same vaccines your children will be given.
* Over-vaccination is a common practice now in America. American children are subjected to 29 vaccines by the age of two. Meanwhile, veterinarians have backed off of repeat vaccination in dogs because of observed side effects.
* Modern medicine has no explanation for autism, despite its continued rise in prevalence. Yet autism is not reported among Amish children who go unvaccinated.
* Researchers are warning that over-use of the flu vaccine and anti-flu drugs like Tamiflu and Relenza can apply genetic pressure on flu viruses and then they are more likely to mutate into a more deadly strain.
* Most seasonal influenza A (H1N1) virus strains tested from the United States and other countries are now resistant to Tamiflu (oseltamivir). Tamiflu has become a nearly worthless drug against seasonal flu.
* Public health officials are irresponsible in their omission of any ways to strengthen immunity against the flu. No options outside of problematic vaccines and anti-flu drugs are offered, despite the fact there is strong evidence that vitamins C and D activate the immune system and the trace mineral selenium prevents the worst form of the disease.

--Dr Joseph Mercola, MD

Again, I can understand the typical soccer mom argument. I'm just providing some data about why I have this viewpoint on it. $$