Irratible Bowel Syndrome(Sorry if this grosses you guys)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 10:10 am

I've noticed that every morning I get diariah(sorry I can't spell). Then by the mid morning I become constipated. Then After I eat lunch or dinner I get more diariah. It's getting really annoying. I am not sure but I think it's irratible bowel :x

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Kaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Nov 2010, 10:44 am

Maybe you could get yourself tested for Celiac Disease (or gluten sensitivity). It is a condition that is commonly misdiagnosed as IBS because of its classic symptoms of diarrhea and constipation.

157/200 Aspie -- 41/200 NT

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Nov 2010, 7:35 am

Ditto about testing for gluten intolerance, whether classic celiac disease or the till recently not well recognised non-celiac type of gluten sensitivity, but which is increasingly common.

Around 1% of the population have some form of celiac disease, ( various symptoms including peripheral neuropathy and skin disorders, with or without enteropathy/GI issues ), and the Maryland Institute recently put the number of people suffering from the more diffuse form of gluten intolerance at 7% of the population, so they are no longer rare at all.

And another very common cause of gastrointestinal problems is fructose malabsorption ( and the related FODMAP intolerance, to fructans in wheat, onions, etc, and to fructose in honey, apples, pears, aswell as various complex sugars ), which affects up to 40% of the population to some extent, and can be diagnosed with a hydrogen breath test.

Both of these disorders can have very very serious long-term effects on both physical and mental health, so the sooner they are diagnosed the better.

Kaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Nov 2010, 2:24 pm

ouinon wrote:
Both of these disorders can have very very serious long-term effects on both physical and mental health, so the sooner they are diagnosed the better.

+1 That is so true!

157/200 Aspie -- 41/200 NT