Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:19 pm

I've noticed that the Aspies for Freedom website doesn't allow new registrations, saying the administrator has disabled them. Does anyone know how long this has been the case for?

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:23 pm

This is actually the reason I joined Wrong Planet: AFF wasn't allowing new members to register. But that was 2 years ago. I can't imagine that AFF would not have allowed any new people to join in that time. Maybe it's a periodic thing, to regulate the influx of new members, or something. I can only speculate.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:24 pm

It's been that way for a while. Maybe it's a closed forum and won't allow new members?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:38 pm

It's just that I've thought about joining it to ask advice about starting an aspie group. I've tried to start one with my mom a long time ago, but the lady that was supposed to help organise it disappeared and no one has heard from her. I think it's because she had some personal problems or something but that a couple of years ago.

I've also lurked there at least as long as I've lurked on Wrong Planet before I joined.

Last edited by Jono on 10 Nov 2010, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm

I don't know; I didn't notice. I guess I could post there and ask what's up.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:44 pm

They do this off and on to keep out trolls and ban evaders. Just keep trying to register hoping they have turned it back on. Or try and contact Gareth or Amy and tell them you want to register. I don't know if that is what newbies do when they join. I do still see newbies joining there so I assume they turn the register thing on and off unless they have someone there contacting them for them telling them they want to join.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 3:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
They do this off and on to keep out trolls and ban evaders. Just keep trying to register hoping they have turned it back on. Or try and contact Gareth or Amy and tell them you want to register. I don't know if that is what newbies do when they join. I do still see newbies joining there so I assume they turn the register thing on and off unless they have someone there contacting them for them telling them they want to join.

Maybe I'll try that this weekend.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2010, 6:44 pm

Apparently they've had spam attacks recently, combined with several mods on leave of absence. I just checked and they've opened registration again now.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:31 pm

Callista wrote:
Apparently they've had spam attacks recently, combined with several mods on leave of absence. I just checked and they've opened registration again now.

About that that aspie group though, I just spoke to my mom about and she says that everyone lives too far away. So it seems not to be practical. Do you think I can still register on there for other reasons?