Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 3:09 am

There are suddenly many programmes on the cable network. Over here it started with people like Sally Morgan and now yesterday I stumbled across something called "Psychic Interactive" which had people phone in and there were two (one man and one woman) that I saw imparting their 'knowledge' etc...

Thing is, like usual I could see how he was making it up as he went along, they always use the same spiel, talking about this 'energy' blah blah blah, yeah well of course I don't have proof one way or the other but I reserve the right to an opinion even if I may come across as pretentiously cynical.

What do others think of this 'phenomenon'? Are you a medium? Personally I float between medium and large...

"If you believe they put a man on the moon..."

REM - Man On The Moon

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 4:14 am

I'm a medium. My size fluctuates a bit but still medium in general. :D

No, I'm very cynical. I'd believe Derren Brown before any "psychic". Would love to be proved wrong though, how exciting that would be!

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 4:30 am

yellowtamarin wrote:

No, I'm very cynical. I'd believe Derren Brown before any "psychic". Would love to be proved wrong though, how exciting that would be!

Not really watched Derren Brown, is he more like an illusionist than a psychic?

militia71
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2010, 12:12 pm

phewie. I thought this would be about Genesis P. Oridge.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 2:15 pm

squonk wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Derren Brown is brilliant. He is neither an illusionist or a psychic. Instead he is highly skilled at cold reading people and using various subtle tricks to get people to say or do what he wants them to do. He also has a knack of using these tricks to hypnotise people to do the strangest things without them realising they were being hypnotised. I've seen a number of his TV programs and was amazed at some of the things he did. I'm sure that if he claimed to have supernatural powers there would be many people who would believe that - based on what he can do. However, he claims no such powers and reveals the cunning techniques he uses to manipulate people in the ways he does. A fascinating man.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 3:36 pm

TallyMan wrote:
squonk wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

Derren Brown is brilliant. He is neither an illusionist or a psychic. Instead he is highly skilled at cold reading people and using various subtle tricks to get people to say or do what he wants them to do. He also has a knack of using these tricks to hypnotise people to do the strangest things without them realising they were being hypnotised. I've seen a number of his TV programs and was amazed at some of the things he did. I'm sure that if he claimed to have supernatural powers there would be many people who would believe that - based on what he can do. However, he claims no such powers and reveals the cunning techniques he uses to manipulate people in the ways he does. A fascinating man.

Actually there was one show he did where he told people up front that he was not psychic and that he was cold reading and then did a reading for them. They still thought he was psychic but in denial! Hilarious.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 4:09 am

I'd like to say thank you to TallyMan for explaining about Derren Brown. While I'm skeptical about the subjects it's only my opinion and it's nice to read what other people think about psychics and mediums.

hsiaopan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Aug 2011, 8:00 am

wrote a post redirected, then post gone :?: