Does anybody want to Start a Band??? Rock/punk/Hard Rock

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2010, 4:28 am

I live in CA somewhat near San Francisco(PM me for accurate location), and I wondering if anyone on here who lives in the relative vicinity wants to jam or possibly start a band. I do not know many other people who play music and are serious about it. Most people I know are already in bands, and I want to start something fresh.

This has nothing to do with AS or a band with people with AS or anything like that. I simply want to know if anybody wants to start something and play some shows, and I figured this is a good place to find serious musicians.

I play guitar.
These are my influences

The Hives
Bad Religion
The Division of Laura Lee
The Caesars
Millencolin
Hot Water Music
The Hellacopters
Mando Diao
The Buzzcocks
The Arctic Monkeys
Kasabian
The Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
The International Noise Conspiracy
Oasis
Blur
The Who

If this sounds like your thing let me know or PM me

I am very serious about jamming and potentially playing shows. I am really frustrated by not knowing other musicians, and not performing is seriously holding me back.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 2:55 am

cmon now.....

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 9:52 pm

Is this not the right forum for this? Or does nobody live in Central-Northern CA

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 1:05 am

Well, San Francisco is a bit of a trek for me. Is there not a music forum for your nearest town / city where you could advertise? We have www.leedsmusicforum.co.uk/, which covers a city that is half the size of SF

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 3:19 am

bucephalus wrote:
Well, San Francisco is a bit of a trek for me. Is there not a music forum for your nearest town / city where you could advertise? We have www.leedsmusicforum.co.uk/, which covers a city that is half the size of SF

Ok I actually don't live in San Francisco or the surrounding area. I live about 2 hours south. I was just using SF city since in relative geography that is the biggest local city that everyone would be familiar with. I am sure San Francisco does have a website like that, but the city I live doesn't

I tried the craigslist for my city and no luck, so I was hoping to expand my area to:

SF, San Jose, Monterey, East Bay