What is your single greatest accomplishment?

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 11:15 pm

Moog wrote:
I'm still here, ain't I? 8)

that counts for something.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 11:17 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've become a self-taught drummer, over the past 13 months.

YAY 8) soon you will be drumming like hal blaine or jim keltner. did you know that paul mccartney also is a drummer? and that ringo starr also plays the piano?

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 3:32 am

Being born, I guess.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:52 am

To date, it would probably have to be helping a friend through hard times.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:57 pm

I have college degrees, but anyone can get those.

One of my biggest achievements is to solo in a fixed engine aircraft. In a couple of months I may get my full pilot license.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Nov 2010, 7:38 am

My greatest accomplishment is that I'm still alive & I'm NOT homeless, in jail or in a mental institution :twisted:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 7:46 am

Well, okay. Maybe my single greatest accomplishment is still being alive. But my second greatest accomplishment (previously mentioned) seems so much more noteworthy.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 8:02 am

Lol a lot of people are listing still being alive.. my friends think I'm immortal after all the crap that's happened to me or I have done to myself.. :wink: if I took the time to list everything, no one would believe it.. but I stick with my original post because it includes summoning up the will to live which hadn't really ever existed before.. standing up and doing for someone who was doing for all intents and purposes what you'd expect I should have been doing (he was freaking out, sitting on the ground crying and rocking himself) and through it all maintaining a positive attitude (the hardest of all)

I again congratulate all of you on your accomplishments! Great stuff, keep 'em coming!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 8:38 am

My high school marching band earned 3rd place at the Atlantic Coast Championships my junior and senior year. :D
Still being alive
Getting on the Dean's list twice in a row. I think I'll be on it again this semester.
Being able to make it into college at all.
Having a man who loves me. :heart:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Nov 2010, 10:09 am

Omnicognic wrote:
Lol a lot of people are listing still being alive.. my friends think I'm immortal after all the crap that's happened to me or I have done to myself.. :wink: if I took the time to list everything, no one would believe it.. but I stick with my original post because it includes summoning up the will to live which hadn't really ever existed before.. standing up and doing for someone who was doing for all intents and purposes what you'd expect I should have been doing (he was freaking out, sitting on the ground crying and rocking himself) and through it all maintaining a positive attitude (the hardest of all)

I again congratulate all of you on your accomplishments! Great stuff, keep 'em coming!

I haven't been through that much stuff but I've been depressed before & before that I fantasized about suicide a lot & sometimes thought/joked about other bad dangerous stuff. When I was younger people thought I was crazy & potentially dangerous to others; I fit the media profile of the Columbine school shooters & people thought I was an axe-murderer ready to flip-out. I never 1ce harmed anyone else; cant even use my force to hurt someone in self-defense, I never had a problem with the law(no record) & I only hurt myself 1x but that was 7years ago. I'm still living with my parents & never been kicked out despite numerous threats by my mom when I was a kid to send me to military school, send me to juvi, have me put up for adoption or toss me out on the street due to my major behavior problems maybe related to AS meltdowns & other issues that no one understood or knew about. It seems like I would be someone who makes the national news but I'm not dangerous at all to others & I'm not dangerous to myself either. I think that should be a great accomplishment but my family & lots of others don't see it that way

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 11:46 am

I farted yankle doodle dandy

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 1:11 pm

I don't have a single greatest accomplishment; I have lots of little accomplishments. Most of them either directly or indirectly involve the fact that, after my emotional development got stunted in my teens, it's finally started advancing again and I'm learning a few important life skills.

graywyvern
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 3:39 pm

i've always invented little things, concepts, shortcuts that would never catch on; a catalogue of these would be lengthy, & futile. but the single greatest intellectual effort i ever made, was the summer i graduated from high school. i wanted to be able to calculate relativistic acceleration (at a constant 1-gee, taking into consideration Lorenz-FitzGerald time contraction) for myself. i'd had AP calculus, which only took me so far; i had the trig functions on my scientific calculator, but no real exposure to hyperbolic geometry... working all summer, every day, consuming pages & pages of notes, i worked out the actual equation (the output only, i could find published e. g. in several of Carl Sagan's books, but never this).

i used it for many hypothetical excursions, perhaps my favorites being the actual time it would take to follow the stars of the Big Dipper, & to go around the four corners of Orion.

reasoning." --William Blake

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 4:18 pm

- Stopping more than a handful of women from committing suicide
- Building awesome computers that are damn near future proof
- My 1994 Nissan Maxima daily driver, which can run with a new Mustang even though it's got 154K on it.
- Being the best lay any of the girls I've been with have ever been with, no exceptions.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 7:23 pm

Eating an entire cheesecake in one sitting

or was it eating 14 lobsters at the all you can eat lobster special.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2010, 12:07 am

i'm pretty good at clogging toilets. i do so without even trying. i don't believe anybody else could ever outperform me at this task.