Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 4:39 pm

I am wondering how many pessimists and fatalists are among the aspie ranks. I have found that many people with PDD's are pessimists, and figured maybe the rate is higher. I for one am a pessimist. I see the worst of everything, and generally see the glass as half empty. I also border on fatalism, although I try to wield as much influence as possible on myself and others. It rarely works, which is probably what lead me near fatalism, but regardless I am still trying.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 5:56 pm

I wouldn't call myself a pessimist so much as a cynic. I hope for the best, but expect the worst...or at least try to be that way.

I do focus on the negative sometimes, but on the positive positive other times. I mean, I forgive the negative if there's a sufficient amount of positive...if that makes any sense.

subatai_baadur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2006, 6:02 pm

Veresae wrote:
I wouldn't call myself a pessimist so much as a cynic. I hope for the best, but expect the worst...or at least try to be that way.

I do focus on the negative sometimes, but on the positive positive other times. I mean, I forgive the negative if there's a sufficient amount of positive...if that makes any sense.

It made a bit of sense. I see the bad side of people as the way that things are supposed to be, and that people follow mob mentality into pretending that they are nice people and bottling their evil inside and living wholly miserable lives. People are naturally angry, cutthroat, and generally nasty. Hiding it seems unhealthy.

jonathan79
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 9:43 am

I think I would say that I´m a pessimist and an optimist equally. Is the glass half-empty, or half-full? To me its both, if you only see it one way or the other, you might be missing half the picture.

Vae
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2006, 11:08 am

I have been described as a pessimistic, cynical, misanthropic bastard in the past.