Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 9:05 am

No threads running on this topic, to my knowledge, so here goes:

Am I the only person on here who has an 'obsession' with (or even simply a casual interest in) rail and/or road networks? :P

In my case, the interest is mainly concentrated around the Scottish railways and the UK trunk roads, with particular emphasis on the railways.
However, I'd like to meet anybody else who is that way inclined, regardless of specialty. :)

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 12:19 pm

There are numerous very active forvms where the items of discussion are road and rail infrastructure, just do a Google search for them ('railfan' and 'roadgeek').

Mike

LazySlacker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 1:21 pm

No, you aren't the only one. I'm interested in road and rail networks as well; more so for the road than rail.

I have a profound love for the Interstate Highway System.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

Wisguy wrote:
There are numerous very active forvms where the items of discussion are road and rail infrastructure, just do a Google search for them ('railfan' and 'roadgeek').

Mike

I know there are numerous road/rail forums to be found on the internet, but I was referring specifically to WP.
A search of the site yielded nothing, but I would be interested to know whether there are road/rail discussion topics on WP that have escaped my observations. :)

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2010, 3:35 pm

It's a hodgepodge here in the Bay Area - we got several state highways, a couple of interstates that branch out to I-80, BART runs a a system of tracks analogous to an X shapewise, CalTrain runs on shared right-of-way with Amtrak and Union Pacific.