can autistic people have amnesia, dementia and alzheimers?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:02 am

Certainly, everybody can.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:06 am

People called me "ret*d" and "stupid" because I couldn't do things that came easily to them. These people got far worse grades than I got in school but, socially, I was way behind. Even today, I feel dumb when I can't do some everyday thing that others take for granted. I wish certain everyday things were routine for me so I wouldn't be frustrated all the time.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2017, 9:10 am

I hate those online articles such as "Early Signs of Alzheimer's." They scare me. I have a good memory for things I read, not so good for things I just hear once. I learn best when I read something or just get the opportunity to do it.

neurotypicalET
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2017, 5:03 am

IstominFan wrote:
People called me "ret*d" and "stupid" because I couldn't do things that came easily to them. These people got far worse grades than I got in school but, socially, I was way behind. Even today, I feel dumb when I can't do some everyday thing that others take for granted. I wish certain everyday things were routine for me so I wouldn't be frustrated all the time.
Cultures can really differ with great margins from country to country. In my country having high grades in school is more respected than having good social skills. At least it was true at my time. Hopefully it won't change.If you lived where I live you would have been fine.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

I don't think autistic people have been honest when answering this question, and it's time to come clean.

Autistics have developed a 3-D printer within their brain that allows them to print nanometer-sized substances programmed to develop into substances that may be lacking in our brains, so as to avoid these types of illnesses. So take Parkinson's Disease, for instance. Due to a lack of dopamine in the brain because of dysfunction in the basal ganglia, NTs will experience a lack of muscle control. Autistics will simply access the 3-D printer in their brain to develop nanometer-sized robots made out of biological substances that will than form dopamine, avoiding any possible symptoms of Parkinson's.

I also use my 3-D printer in my brain to develop a superior-tasting cream to go into my coffee which I secrete through my mucous membrane and spit into my coffee. However, that is actually unauthorized use of my 3-D printer so I don't think most autistics do that.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 6:33 pm

The OP is trolling - revisiting under yet another troll name/account. Goodbye again.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 6:40 pm

ivegotyou wrote:
Wallourdes wrote:
We are the chosen ones, ofcourse we can't :P

there are no signs of humans evolving into autistics more and more as the years pass by.

ret*ds might as well be the chosen ones because their brain is so damaged or different that they dont get things like that :roll:

Moderator note:
I wasn't aware of this until I saw the thread today, because apparently no-one chose to report it. The troll intends to insult and flame AS people, (his latest username is a pretty big clue) and this is the kind of post members are encouraged to report as soon as these troll posts are posted.

Tawaki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2017, 10:26 am

lelia wrote:
I really hate seeing someone call anyone else a ret*d. I have a daughter who is ret*d. The term should not be used as approbation. Also you are factually incorrect about people with retardation not getting Alzheimer's. You may be thinking of people with Down's Syndrome who seem to be protected against Alzheimer's.
Please excuse my sensitivity about that, Ivegotyou.

I know this is a necro thread, but wanted to clear one point up.

Down Syndrome is associated with an increase in Alzheimer's.

http://www.ndss.org/Resources/Health-Ca ... -Syndrome/

It maybe because people with DS seem to have a accelerated aging process. One reason it was never noticed is people with DS, until recently, didn't live much past late 20s.

The only thing I ever heard associated with autism is an increase risk of Parkinson's disease.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/science/sci ... -parkinson’s-disease-among-adults-autism

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2017, 11:00 am

Yes, of course we can.

er....thats it.

BBC: Radio 4