Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 5:17 pm

Does anyone know why my phone suddenly started doing this, I have unlimited internet on my phone and I normally go on there to browse on the internet while I'm on the go and when I want to talk to people on MSN.

But today for some reason, my phone just won't let me do that and I don't have a single clue why it's doing that?

I've restarted it, I've practically reset some of my settings but nothing works and I do have credits, so I don't understand why it's suddenly not working and I haven't fiddled with the settings.

Handset: Nokia 5230.

Any suggestions?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 5:35 pm

If you last topped up over 30 days ago, your free internet could have run out.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 6:08 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
If you last topped up over 30 days ago, your free internet could have run out.

Nah, I've only just topped up yesterday.

Plus I have this 6 months free internet they given me plus I'm only on my 3rd month.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:04 pm

Resend the data profile to your phone, it's an OTA process from your carrrier - at least in Europe. The American carriers make it a PITA - you dial *228 or *22899 on Verizon phones or call into customer service for everyone else.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 12:27 pm

What network are you on? The data network could be down (though it should be working by now if that was the case).

As nthach suggested, get the network to resend your internet settings, you can do it on their site.

If none of this works, ring the network up and they'll sort it out.

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 7:24 am

I have Virgin Mobile (in USA) and it's been down for an ENTIRE WEEK. :evil:

So I'm trying to figure out how to log into my wireless network at home, but I can't figure out what my WEP password is. I guess "how can I find my WEP password on my laptop that is logged on" should be a separate post....

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 11:07 am

reginaterrae wrote:
I have Virgin Mobile (in USA) and it's been down for an ENTIRE WEEK. :evil:

So I'm trying to figure out how to log into my wireless network at home, but I can't figure out what my WEP password is. I guess "how can I find my WEP password on my laptop that is logged on" should be a separate post....

You still use WEP? Just hack your way in, it would take about 5 minutes to do.