Anyone in middle or high school, sucks right?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ClassicRocker
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2010, 7:42 pm

Ah, I hate having aspergers. I'm always getting made fun of. I makes me mad that I cannot have social interaction espically with girls. I always see the guys who are complete jerks with the hottest girls. I mean I'm friends with a lot of girls and they always tell me how sweet I am, but still nothing. Being an aspie sure sucks.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 7:50 pm

Yup, high school sucks ass. Been there. Left at a young age due to bullying and general dissatisfaction.

I don't know how to help, I'm sorry. The only thing I can think of is to keep reminding yourself that it's not forever, that you get to leave one day.

Also, remember they're just stupid kids. It doesn't really matter what they think. Years from now you'll be judged on your skills, responsibility, etc. not how many girls you can attract.

Again..sorry I don't really have any helpful advice.

ClassicRocker
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2010, 7:53 pm

Ah, thanks. I'm 13 so I have a long road ahead of me. :(

Mosh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Nov 2010, 8:12 pm

So far for me, it's been O.K. Don't really have many friends, though that's O.K. because most everyone at my school has an IQ equal to that of a rock. Classes are O.K. too, teachers aren't d**chebags (except one). The only thing that really bugs me is people keep thinking i'm a homosexual for some reason.

Edit: Oh and on the subject of "Jerks getting the hottest girls," the same is true for my school. It doesn't really bother me though, since almost all of them have either less-than-average intelligence and/or are sluts and/or are druggies.

ClassicRocker
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2010, 8:21 pm

yeah, man

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2010, 9:05 pm

Middle School sucks much worse than High School. I say that as a end-of-first-semester senior in HS. Believe it or not, people actually tend to be much more mature in HS; there's just something about middle school that makes people go absolutely berserk.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:32 pm

Middle school is absolutely the worst hell there is. Hormonally crazed teens with the intelligence of rocks. It gets better in high school. Just try to survive, girls at this age are usually lame anyways.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2010, 9:34 pm

Middle school was hell. I was picked on constantly very disliked. It was overall hell, no one ignored me they all picked on and made fun of me. In high school everyone ignored me. Sometimes they would try to speak to me, but my socially awkwardness messed everything up and they would leave me alone. So high school I was allowed to be a loner the whole.

ClassicRocker
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2010, 9:55 pm

alright guys, will do.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 10:32 pm

Oh, my God, how I hated junior high! I was picked on so much that my self-esteem was very low during that time. Not only that, but I did a lot of stupid, obnoxious things in junior high. I was just trying to make people laugh, but now that I look back on it, those things I did were just downright obnoxious.

High school was better for me. I was still picked on every now and then but I involved myself with a lot of after-school clubs and had a lot of fun in them. During my freshman year and sophomore year, the newspaper and yearbook staff took trips to Austin and San Antonio, which were really fun. I also participated in a lot of fun activities in Drama Club. I graduated from high school this year.

My advice to you would be to try and participate in extracurricular activities while you're in high school. A lot of times, those clubs take really fun field trips out of town and sometimes to another state. You might have to pay some money to go on those field trips, but it'll be totally worth it. :)

Thebigrage
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2010, 10:48 pm

I know how bad school gets I'm so glad that I am in senior year of HS FINALLY!! !! !! Middle school was really bad for me though HS was still filled with dumb people they tended to leave me alone for the most part. The worst thing that happened to me in HS were people laughing at me for still liking pokemon. In Middle school it was horrible everytime I used the stalls someone would kick the door in on me, and oh yah I got pantsed once in Gym, pardon my spelling. As far as girls go good luck with that they are still a mystery to me even the ones that are my friends. Also to deal with bullies I recomend ignoring them, if you stop feeding the fire it tends to put itself out. Unfortunatly I can't say it will work all the time though, I go to a no nonsense high school so whoever bullies anyone gets expelled immediatly. But thats my advise.

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 11:09 pm

I'm in the process of filling out a bunch of forms for my psychologist. Tonight was "junior high night." To relive all that 25 years later in great detail was *horrible*. I don't know how I got through it. But, you know what? I did. So will you. Sooner than you think...

And it was all for the want of a nail.

Andie09
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2010, 11:18 pm

My middle school years were the worst of my entire life...high school wasn't much better. Just focus on your school work...thats how I survived.

samsa
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2010, 11:31 pm

Middle school is much worse then high school. Hormonally crazed teens that are (usually, but not always) obsessed with popularity is not exactly the best environment for an Aspie.

I can't really offer you much advice, but do be assured that it does get better. High school (I'm in Year 11 now (17 years old, I think it's junior year in the American system, but I'm not sure,) was much better then middle school. People had finally grown up and were (less) hormonally crazed. Don't worry or care about popularity contests, and keep in mind that "relationships" with girls at your age aren't really that important. It may seem like that now, but in the scale of things, it's just needless drama.

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

25 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

I didn't like doing things to show that I have "class spirit", when the people running the show were the in-crowd or their puppets.

Like just before high school graduation, the guys in the in-crowd designed a class T-shirt (common practice here in secondary school and high school) with their clique logo. The class rep was saying something about recording everybody's (including mine) T-shirt sizes. I remember replying something like, "What if I choose not to?"

I didn't buy the T-shirt, and I didn't keep in touch with nearly everybody in that in-crowd after graduation.

Trainbuff
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Sep 2011, 10:07 pm

Wow... I thought I was the only one who hated Middle school and found High School to be a bit more bearable!

But yea, Middle School was pure hell for me as well, atlough ironically I feel like I had better social skills in MS than in HS.

In middle school I was called "ret*d" countless number of times and did stupid stuff in hopes of fitting in with the Normal kids... the stupid stuff I did, still regret it to this day.

When I went to HS I said to myself I was going to try and be more low key and keep socializing to a minimum, in hopes it would cut down on bullying, needless to say it worked except for a few isolated indicts.

The main issue I had in HS was I stared at people and I still fight this sentom of AS to this day, also I wasn't in Special Ed when I first came to HS so I failed my classes in Gen ed thus causing one of the darkest periods in my life. I switched to Special Ed and things gradually got better from there, minus the staring issue of course.