Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Space
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2010, 11:07 pm

Yep. I deal with it now too. I am a union construction worker, and it can be terrible. Guys will call me useless, fa***t, all sorts of names. But really they are threatened by me, because I don't suck up to them, and I don't need their friendship. I used to let these guys walk all over me because I was scared, but not anymore. Now I tell them to go f**k themselves right to their faces. It has helped, guys don't bug me much or call me names anymore. A guy I worked with told me "you have to stand up for yourself, or you're going to get bullied your whole life out here"... I hate lots of the guys I work with. I'm only there for one reason, the money.

Also, lots of guys I work with are alcoholics and go to the bar every night. I don't drink, and I am never late for work, and don't miss time for being hung over. Some guys don't respect this because I am making them look bad. If most guys were like me, all the sh***y workers like them would get fired.

It's sad how people are so mean to anyone who is different... but that's how people are now. If I want to work and pay my bills, that unfortunately means co-existing with a lot of people I do not like.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 6:32 am

Space wrote:
It's sad how people are so mean to anyone who is different... but that's how people are now. If I want to work and pay my bills, that unfortunately means co-existing with a lot of people I do not like.

the bad people in your life are reminders about how not to behave. they serve the purpose of being a bad example. a higher spiritual meaning can be obtained from this realization.

JoeR43
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Dec 2010, 1:50 am

[quote="Space"]Yep. I deal with it now too. I am a union construction worker, and it can be terrible. Guys will call me useless, fa***t, all sorts of names. But really they are threatened by me, because I don't suck up to them, and I don't need their friendship. I used to let these guys walk all over me because I was scared, but not anymore. Now I tell them to go f**k themselves right to their faces. It has helped, guys don't bug me much or call me names anymore. A guy I worked with told me "you have to stand up for yourself, or you're going to get bullied your whole life out here"... I hate lots of the guys I work with. I'm only there for one reason, the money.

Also, lots of guys I work with are alcoholics and go to the bar every night. I don't drink, and I am never late for work, and don't miss time for being hung over. Some guys don't respect this because I am making them look bad. If most guys were like me, all the sh***y workers like them would get fired.

It's sad how people are so mean to anyone who is different... but that's how people are now. If I want to work and pay my bills, that unfortunately means co-existing with a lot of people I do not like.[/quote

Given you're unionized, I'd be willing to say a good chunk of the disdain is the fact that you're exceeding productivity.