Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2006, 11:26 am

The biggest problem with online dating is people can come on here claiming to be anything. You don't know if the person you are talking with may not be who you he/she says to be. I just think their too many risks associated with that.

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Jun 2006, 2:11 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
The biggest problem with online dating is people can come on here claiming to be anything. You don't know if the person you are talking with may not be who you he/she says to be. I just think their too many risks associated with that.

thats the same IRL..

anyway what do you have to lose?

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2006, 4:36 pm

If your not careful, it could be your life. Like I said, you do not know the person at the other end you are chatting with is.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2006, 6:48 pm

I seemed to have formed multiple social contacts, yet most of them will likely not be regular. My next big venture is turning in 3 applications for further intergations in very part time employment.

I don't know, ever since I started speaking out about my fresno experience I've been feeling very self-confident. So social intergrations it is..

Sivad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2006, 10:25 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
If your not careful, it could be your life. Like I said, you do not know the person at the other end you are chatting with is.

You do make a valid point, but on the opposite hand , with webcams and things like that and even microphones that act almost as phones. It makes it much more intimate .

sc
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 10:58 pm

What is not known can be a source of many possibilities.

Sivad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2006, 11:14 pm

I think the majority of what every one is telling you is congratulations, but also keep your eyes open. But I don't know you, I'm still an outsider for all intents and purposes here. But I do bid you congratulations, and may you and her have many more dates, and may they get more and more comfortable...

jman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2006, 5:17 am

jaguars_fan wrote:

jaguars_fan,

First off I like your avatar, I am a huge sopranos fan. :) but anyways, I've met tons of people online who ended meeting IRL and not just dates either, I've made a friend online, and have also found jobs that i applied for online.

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jun 2006, 5:40 am

so its better to be safe and alone, than to take a minor risk for happyness?

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2006, 7:48 pm

jman wrote:
jaguars_fan wrote:

jaguars_fan,

First off I like your avatar, I am a huge sopranos fan. :) but anyways, I've met tons of people online who ended meeting IRL and not just dates either, I've made a friend online, and have also found jobs that i applied for online.

Actually I'm thinking changing it because I wanted one that mataches my personality and I don't have the Tony Soprano demeaner. I think I should go with Bill O Riley

To be honest I'm not totaly against online dating. I just think that you should exercise caution when you do that.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 8:30 pm

Just got back from the 3rd date.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2006, 8:38 pm

Wow, I see your having much better luck than me.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2006, 8:40 pm

If I knew how to drive and had a car I think I would have much better luck myself.

The sex drive and driving, laugh.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2006, 9:10 pm

sc wrote:
If I knew how to drive and had a car I think I would have much better luck myself.

The sex drive and driving, laugh.

Oh good grief, Carrot Top.