Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 12:47 am

This lady seems really nice, never have I been able to talk to a potential one so indepthly. We have already planed to take the bus to another city for her shopping, tomorrow we are going out to eat. She knows I am disabled, am not wealthy and she just wants a friend as well, but wants us to hit it off.

I've gotten to tell her things online with such honesty, she's only had one boyfriend before. I've told her about my lack of dating experience and she hates dating like me. So if tomorrow works out good, as this all is just by chance even I initially meeting her, I might experience an actual real relationship for the first time.

I've talked to her for several hours online thus far and once for about 1/2 hour on the phone. I don't like silent moments trying to make up things to say.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 1:38 am

Good luck with the date.

Just out of interest, how are you disabled?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 1:42 am

Autism..H.F.A or something, I am unsure of the official diagnosis, it just said autism.

Also a bad hand from a finger being crushed in a door. Which is being treated by O.T, starting to feel manageable. Is why I want to go and try to work soon.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 2:09 am

Best wishes with your date.

Am I to assume you met this lady online?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 2:11 am

yeah.

I want to move and I am also still moving if this does not work out or not, just to try and find a girlfriend lol. I have not even moved yet and it appears I might have had success.

Also she wants to move out, so maybe she will move in :P oh yeah, unlikely, as if that would happen, laugh! Thats getting ahead of myself :P

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:18 am

Good luck to you mate! And remember you're not just doing it for yourself, but you're representing every living person with autism! Do us proud sailor!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 6:34 pm

Good luck with the date hope everything goes well.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 7:33 pm

I have a date too. In fact, a whole bunch of them. Here they are:

sc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 8:48 pm

I just got back.. She seems nice, very mellow and does not like volatility and all that like me. She and I have planed to go to two other places. I'm supposed to talk to her later tonight...

I suppose it takes time to gain an emotional connection of sorts. Not sure I don't know much about it.

A very good personality match... A 3hr date.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 9:34 pm

You were supposed to take a vid camera and audio recorders so we could all learn! just kidding!

sc
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2006, 9:57 pm

She did not use much eye contact at all. There were many silent times of no talking, which were ok it seemed. So this is why it went so great combined with her personality.

jaguars_fan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2006, 4:28 am

Forgive me, but is it just me or is it a bad idea to go out with someone you only met online?
It's just too many things can happen when doing that.

sc
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2006, 12:11 pm

I suppose when you are old enough, or have less opportunity then others to initially meet others, then the choice is up to the individual. Many people meet others online and form relationships, personally I don't believe online to be the optimal venue. Yet for me to initially form some contacts I have. This is the second person I have met locally. If this one does not work out, the place I am moving has many ladies my age. So I am not worried.

I've never really tried to get dates in person or otherwise, just the past year or so I've tried to.

For the experience of it, I'm not in the least bit nervious.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2006, 5:05 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:
Forgive me, but is it just me or is it a bad idea to go out with someone you only met online?

I have three co-workers who met their boyfriends online. Two were through Lavalife, and another using hi5. So I believe it can work.

I'm possibly meeting someone on Friday that is interested in me. We've talked on the phone once.

adhocisadirtyword
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2006, 3:57 pm

I met my boyfriend on eHarmony... happily in love, we are. It works for some people.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2006, 5:06 pm

jaguars_fan wrote:

In real life I tend to have a schedule of places I go, such as work and class. If I don't meet someone in these places, what can I do? The internet becomes an option. I'm going to be around the same group of girls for an entire semester. If I don't hit it off and make a good first impression, I'm not going to get a date out of any of these girls. So, for FOUR months I will not encounter any new girls. It's either the internet or nothing.