Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LockedBox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2010, 4:19 am

I've been in a very nostalgic mood and i remembered half of a cartoon that was based on a fairy tale that i loved when i was about 7 (i think) i was wondering if somebody can tell me what its called. There's a cottage in the woods somewhere, and a young girl lives in it with her mother/grandmother (she was elderly but not infirmed) i think she may have had some other siblings too. There is a blizzard one night and a bear comes and knocks on the door asking very nicely to be let in and the daughter who answered the door freaks out 8O and slams it. The mother/grandmother comes in and scolds her, and lets the "gentleman" bear in. I can remember what happens next but the bear is really nice, i think it might turn into a man at the end of the story but there is something that happens in the middle that i cant remember. The animation and voices are really tacky, so its probibly low budget or just old. if you can remember what it is called i would much appreciate it because it has been bugging me all day, but please don't tell me the end.

IWantYourSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Nov 2010, 6:38 am

How old are you first? I need a rough idea of when this cartoon existed.

LockedBox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2010, 7:14 am

oh nevermind i found it :D its clled east of the sun, west of the moon and its not much like i remember it judging from the wiki, oh well :roll: thanks anyway soul.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 7:30 am

Yeah - it's based on a fairytale my grandmother used to read me. He turns out to be a prince under a curse. I loved that story, too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 8:28 am

That sounds like a decent cartoon. Why cant there be cartoons like that on TV, anymore?

LockedBox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2010, 12:05 pm

because today's youth are mindless drones who eat barbie dolls and disney :x

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 12:10 pm

LockedBox wrote:

yeah but the adults are the ones making and buying that crap. Children are exactly what society and family make them out to be.

LockedBox
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2010, 2:48 pm

happymusic wrote:
LockedBox wrote:

yeah but the adults are the ones making and buying that crap. Children are exactly what society and family make them out to be.

then i can take solace in the fact that my children shall be raised upon a diet of the finest cartoons and old school stuff, but that plan relies on me having children :P

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2010, 3:14 pm

LockedBox wrote:
happymusic wrote:
LockedBox wrote:

then i can take solace in the fact that my children shall be raised upon a diet of the finest cartoons and old school stuff, but that plan relies on me having children :P

:lol: I could have spoken those exact words myself.