Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

nogard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Aug 2012, 2:12 pm

yep --if make eye contact with people , they get scared /very uneasy..........I had to quit wearing contact lens and return to my thick glasses to hide my eyes...... with contacts, people said it felt like i was either reading their soul, or gonna go for their throat.......some said it was like i had no soul behind my eyes.....even my wife and kids get a bit creeped out by my eyes/gaze. :lol:

but i am not a monster. :roll:

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 2:40 pm

Sometimes my eye contact freaks people out. The reason is that I start staring after awhile and I open my eyes too wide (to try to look alert or smile with my eyes...rather than looking glassy eyed and dreamy). It doesn't always work...sometimes my eyes just look bulgy instead, I've been told I look "manic" when I do this. I've found that if you look at the person's nose or mouth that's okay.....most people don't actually expect you to make eye contact with them but just to look at them (at their face) while talking and/or (preferably and) listening to them.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2012, 11:28 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPOIS5taqA8[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises

Cyd
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

I also make people uncomfortable, with "eye contact". Not sure what it is but suspect it is to do with the fact that if I make eye contact, the person has my undivided attention - which doesn't often happen with NTs. They look at each other, to be polite, but they don't actually make "eye contact".

I can talk, ad nauseum, about things that interest me, as well - which actually makes the "polite" and "petty" eye contact sort of obvious. They appear to be "making eye contact", but their eyes are just sort of "dead"..

I think there is more "depth" to "eye contact" than is actually understood. I've experienced a sort of "locking" eye contact during which my thoughts and the thoughts of the other person sort of "run together". It's actually pretty cool, but so few NTs actually engage in "real" eye contact that it's difficult to examine.

NTs trivialize so many things with their idea of "manners" - i.e. fakeness - that "normal" society is actually a pretty shallow pool. Which, for me, equates to "no fun". Hence, "avoid eye contact". At all costs. It just invites fake, social interaction.

Edit to add: I also find your (WaveFreak's) art very enticing! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us!

tjr1243
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2012, 12:55 pm

Vector wrote:
And maybe try lightly tinted glasses-- or even fake clear ones.

This post is very old, but could someone please tell me what are "fake clear ones"? 8O 8O :)