Pileated woodpecker

23 Nov 2010, 9:26 am

SoulcakeDuck wrote:

So Beautiful!

CraigBwfc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2010, 9:41 am

Had Dogs in the past, have a Cat now. I have to say I'm defo a Cat person. Love them, my all black 7 year old female is someone I love dearly (even though she can be a pain at times, I'll still always love her!)

I'm also a bit of a Big Cat enthusiast. Cheetah is my favourite with Lions being a close second.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 9:51 am

I love dogs. It always bothers me when somebody hurts a dog. I'm a little allergic to cats, but I still like them. I just can't have one in my home.

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 10:13 am

Dogs

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Nov 2010, 10:25 am

I love both but I'm allergic to dogs, so cats.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2010, 10:39 am

Dogs, definately dogs, mainly because most of the cats i've been with were completely and utterly insane... especially the one my sister used to have.

My parents used to own a female Collie (think Lassie :D) from a while before I was born. In a way she was a second mother to me, for instance, she didn't mind little me pulling her fur trying to get up when I was learning how to walk and she was very protective of me. If anybody she didn't like came near me, she would get pretty pissed off, once to the point of biting a man's leg because he came too close.

in a way I was the pup she could never have because she was fixed at a young age...

I've always had a great affinity for dogs, they've always been easy to read for me (especially as opposed to cats and small children) and they seem to like me most of the time, sometimes to the extent of trying to find me after I left the house they were in

i'm definately going to have a dog again, most likely a Collie again or a Belgian sheepdog, both races are relatively calm, but are fun to play with and have really great personalities.... or maybe a German shepherd, but they're not usually as cuddlesome as the two other races IMO

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 11:11 am

Dogs!

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 11:43 am

Both.

I like that cats are low maintenance as puppies can be overwhelming. But if a rapist coming to rape everyone breaks into your house a cat isn't going to do anything.

lissy983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2010, 11:54 am

Science_Guy wrote:
Both.

I like that cats are low maintenance as puppies can be overwhelming. .

I love animals but only specific animals. I would love to have a little puppy or kitten but i'm afraid they would be or grow up to be too hyper or need too much attention.(not feeding, watering, walking, sitting on your lap quietly) I have found very few animals that are independent, self sufficiently playing or napping and not constantly at your heel or rubbing against you leg meowing annoyingly while you are trying to study. I crave a pet of my own and maybe one day i'll adopt an mature dog or cat.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 12:47 pm

Science_Guy wrote:
Both.

I like that cats are low maintenance as puppies can be overwhelming. But if a rapist coming to rape everyone breaks into your house a cat isn't going to do anything.

Yes rapists often kick in your door and scream, I'M GOING TO RAPE EVERYONE!

+ you don't get a pet for protection but for company. If you're afraid of getting raped get yourself a Honey Badger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81bcjyfn6U[/youtube]

:::)

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 1:14 pm

SoulcakeDuck wrote:
Science_Guy wrote:
Both.

Yes rapists often kick in your door and scream, I'M GOING TO RAPE EVERYONE!

+ you don't get a pet for protection but for company. If you're afraid of getting raped get yourself a Honey Badger.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c81bcjyfn6U[/youtube]

I was kind of joking when I said that except I do like dogs with a strong protective extinct. Especially since I have a lot of expensive stuff and live in a sketchy town. Lots of people get dogs for protection, some breeds such as the Doberman were even created for protection.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKFXwFRimQ[/youtube]

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 1:29 pm

Cats for me, please: they're smart, independent and largely care for themselves. You have to re-win a cat's affection every day, which is good practice for the human world. I wish I had a cat right now, but my living situation is such that I change residences every two days and any self-respecting cat would divorce me.

My favorite cat breed is free-of-charge.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 1:15 am

I'm in love with my neighbor's Mastiff puppy-he's HUGE already but the sweetest thing ever! He loves when I pull his ears...ooohhh such a darlink!

IceKitten
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Dec 2010, 12:02 pm

I can't choose between them. I love cats and dogs equally.

These are my favourite dog breeds:
* Siberian Husky.
* Berner Sennen.
* Shetland Sheepdog.
* Border Collie.
* Rhodesian Ridgeback.
* Nova Scotia Duck-Tolling Retriever.
* Golden Retriever.
* Labrador Retriever.
* Flatcoated Retriever.

These are my favourite cat breeds:
* Somali.