Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Stone_Man
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2010, 12:39 pm

Callista wrote:
nemorosa wrote:
Why, you sound just like corp900. What a very strange coincidence :wink:
Yup, the exact same speech pattern. And I'm a pattern person--I KNOW speech patterns.

That's very interesting. Is it true you can distinguish the gender and age of a person by their speech patterns? I just find this fascinating.

(Sorry to get off-topic).

LongJohnSilver
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2010, 3:01 pm

Morph500 wrote:
So its not an intellect disorder, but why do we have to have a social disorder and exectutive function? Those are VITAL.

As there are many of us with ASDs who have done okay despite the fact that we have a social disorder (I'm not sure what you mean by "exectutive function", so I cannot comment on that), they are apparently NOT vital, as you have suggested.

Morph500 wrote:
I want to make my parents proud, I dont want this Autism, I want to be Rich, I dont want this Autism, I want many friends, I dont want this AUtism, I want to be free, I want people to look up to me, i dont want this Autism.

Is there any way out other then accepting it?

Indeed, there is another way. You can accept yourself and the conditions in which you find yourself. All of the comments you made in the first paragraph of the last quote all begin with "I want" or "I dont want". Do you NEED these things? What about what other people want? You titled your post "Is God playing with us?" I don't know if you are a Bible-believing individual or not, but by all of your "I want" comments, I must assume you are not. If you could learn to be satisfied with what you have, instead of being upset by what you don't, you would be a much happier person.

I am not rich. I don't have any close friends. No one looks up to me. I have had Asperger's for most of my life. But I can pay my bills with the money I do have. I can make do with the not-so-close friends I have. I am free to do what I wish. (Are you in prison or something? I'm not sure I understand your "I want to be free" comment.) I don't need anyone to look up to me in any way. I have learned to cope with my condition. So I am happy. You may want to practice looking on the bright side of life. If you have difficulty doing this, work on surrounding yourself with more positive people. I make sure my not-so-close friends are all positive people. I don't like to be around negative people, and I try to stay away from them as much as possible. - LJS

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 6:36 pm

nemorosa wrote:
Why, you sound just like corp900. What a very strange coincidence :wink:
Haha, thought I was the only one to notice that. Not just sound, but Morph rhymes with Corp and it's followed by the three-digit number, last two are 0's. If I wasn't so notorious for making assumptions, I'd assume he is.

Heh.

Just for the sake of discussion, in case you aren't corp900: The acceptance stage is taking longer for you than it should, so go see a professional, or if you're going to work out some extra depression that may be getting in the way, start exercising and eating healthier.

You're different. Okay. So is everyone else here. Nothing to beat yourself up about. I want actual friendships, but I'm fighting social anxiety (or avoidant personality disorder; hurray for ambiguity) and depression and I don't have the best relationship with my parents and others either. Meh.

In case you're serious about everything, you may want to look into something else: Maybe it's not just Asperger's or Autism and perhaps you have some social anxiety and depression. Asperger's and Autism does not entitle you to the suffering you think it does. Figure out what it is, and do something about it. Easier said than done, true, but it's that simple.

And in case you're not serious, I'll just convince myself that what I did just now was just practice for when I find someone who's really serious about something like this, so I can help them. ;)

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 8:15 pm

No ... but I think YOU may be :shameonyou:

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 8:23 pm

The notion of God is an unfounded assumption derived by limited curiosity. Either through lack of interest (laziness) or restricted mental capacity.

Religious assumptions will always have me answer harshly. No offense. :?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 9:33 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
The notion of God is an unfounded assumption derived by limited curiosity. Either through lack of interest (laziness) or restricted mental capacity.

Upon what assumptions does your reality rest?

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 9:36 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

That there are no reasons at all to believe something exists that cannot be probed for under proper scientific circumstances.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 9:40 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

That there are no reasons at all to believe something exists that cannot be probed for under proper scientific circumstances.

You're joking, right?

In order to hold to that belief you must show that all things knowable can be known scientifically. You must also show that it is impossible to acquire valid knowledge by other than scientific means. You can prove neither.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 9:45 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:

You're joking, right?

In order to hold to that belief you must show that all things knowable can be known scientifically. You must also show that it is impossible to acquire valid knowledge by other than scientific means. You can prove neither.
I can prove neither, of course. But unless you want to go insane, you positively have to have some definition of reality. And I take my definition by observation and a blind and naive trust in science.

Tim Minchin puts it best:
Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation, so that belief can be preserved.

(excerpt from Storm)

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2010, 11:05 pm

Kenjuudo wrote:
But unless you want to go insane, you positively have to have some definition of reality. And I take my definition by observation and a blind and naive trust in science.

How is a blind and naive trust in science any better than faith? How is it anything other than faith even if just faith in something other than religion?

Morph500
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2010, 1:08 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
Kenjuudo wrote:
But unless you want to go insane, you positively have to have some definition of reality. And I take my definition by observation and a blind and naive trust in science.

How is a blind and naive trust in science any better than faith? How is it anything other than faith even if just faith in something other than religion?

AAAHHH STARTING TO GO INSANE

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 4:42 am

meh, was just getting good.

:::)