Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 8:02 am

I wonder if people will avoid flying due to the new pat downs. What about autistic people? Some of us on the spectrum don't like to be touched right?

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

JupiterChild
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2010, 9:16 am

I swore I would never fly again after my first experience with TSA years ago! They've only gotten worse. I have trouble with crowds to begin with.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 9:26 am

Last time I flew was in May 2009 and it wasn't too bad. I went around Memorial day weekend. I flew first class so the security line wasn't too bad. But this new pat down is just wrong I think. At work we have to go through security and if we walk through and it beeps, then the guard uses this thing to scan us to see what is the cause. So no hands are actually touching us.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... FwQ8gIwAA#

Why can't TSA use something like this? I heard on the news TSA did a full body scan on a bladder cancer patient, and something terrible happened.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2010, 7:03 pm

luvsterriers wrote:
Last time I flew was in May 2009 and it wasn't too bad. I went around Memorial day weekend. I flew first class so the security line wasn't too bad. But this new pat down is just wrong I think. At work we have to go through security and if we walk through and it beeps, then the guard uses this thing to scan us to see what is the cause. So no hands are actually touching us.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... FwQ8gIwAA#

Why can't TSA use something like this? I heard on the news TSA did a full body scan on a bladder cancer patient, and something terrible happened.

they don't use the wands anymore? at least I think the story's a bunch of BS as the wands don't affect the human body in that manner.

just make sure they keep the wands away from your laptops, as they work with a magnetic field and thus can corrupt data on them.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 3:09 am

There are videos of little kids having their shirts removed. How long will it be to they make you drop your trousers or lift your skirt infront of everyone in line? I hate to say it but we need to start profiling Iserael does it with great success.