Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2010, 11:21 pm

The only times I'm at a gathering of that magnitude are weddings. At concerts, or the robot competition I went to, or the thanksgiving buffet I was at a year ago, strangers don't usually talk to each other.

I wonder what a good analogy would be - to portray to NTs what we see in that image. Perhaps a herd a LFAs stimming? (No offense, but it's generally better as a private thing.)

But they do not have me

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 12:25 am

Apera wrote:
I wonder what a good analogy would be - to portray to NTs what we see in that image.

Remember the Godzilla movie from, what, 5, 6 years ago? And they were in Madison Square Garden and the whole damn place was full of hungry baby 'zillas? That.

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2010, 8:34 am

See that table, the one in the far left of the picture. Yeah, that one. I would be hiding under it.

Pharyn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Nov 2010, 10:16 am

I get anxious at large events like these but its not nearly as bad as the smaller ones where everyone else seems to be good friends and know each other and your just some freak who showed up. Work picnics and things like that when your boss or coworkers try to talk to you.

At least with super large events you can just hide in the crowd a bit, still makes me feel anxious and irritable but not terrified.