Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 10:23 am

I hate weekends because I like the weekday TV schedule. It's a routine for me, and when I don't have that TV schedule I don't really know what to do.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 10:53 am

weekends are what I live for
I hate work a lot
anything I do sucks so weekends are my rest

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 1:14 pm

I like weekends. I have my weekend routine.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 2:12 pm

necroluciferia wrote:
I have always hated weekends. When I was younger my mother made me so paranoid about taking ill and because doctors were shut at weekends, every weekend as a child I thought I was going to die. It probably sounds really stupid. I think the general weekend anxiety has always stayed with me even though it is not consciously on my mind anymore.

I also find weekends generally boring, and often get depressed when I think about all the people who are doing fun and interesting things that I can't partake in.

That's my least favorite thing about weekends, that everything is closed. It's not so bad in the US, but other countries see weekends as a sacred obligation to shut everything down. I had the misfortune of passing through Vienna on a Sunday once, and desperately needed toiletries. Vienna is a rather large city, yet I did not find one open drug store.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 7:44 pm

I dislike the boredom I feel on saturdays.

But I like that I can run whatever distance I want to on saturdays.

I dislike that I cannot listen to anything but church music on sundays.

But I like the spirit I feel when I really pay attention in church on sundays.

I dislike that I have to clean on saturdays.

But I like that I can sleep in on saturdays.

I dislike that I have to wake-up at 9:00 (that is early for me) on sundays.

But I like the church choir I attend and feel happy at on sundays.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 3:22 pm

Most of my adult life I've operated on a 4-day cycle, so other people's weekends mean very little to me except that sometimes stores will seem unusually crowded and I'll remember, "Oh, yeah, it's Saturday". Three day weekends, however, are quite disruptive in terms of odd crowds and interrupted mail and package delivery.

Back when I was a student and operated on the usual 7-day schedule, I had mixed feelings about weekends. Saturdays were a welcome break, but Sundays were boring and went on and on. However, at that time Sundays were still considered "holy" and churches were pretty much the only things open.

Underscore
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

It seems like the conclusion/lesson you can take of all this is to not care about what others are doing and what they are expecting you to do. I will certainly try to avoid that in the future, and "do my own thing".
I was looking up this topic because I dread weekends aswell.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Aug 2012, 12:38 pm

During the summer I don't really look forward to weekends. I only like them during the school year because I can sleep in.

Canaspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

Zen wrote:

Same for me. And I very, very rarely have a problem with boredom. I'm good at keeping myself entertained. What I hate is people asking me what I did on the weekend, because my answers either make them laugh or they tell me I need to get out and enjoy myself. :?

^^this^^ On both points.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 2:38 pm

Wombat wrote:
missykrissy wrote:
i hate weekends cause my kids stress me out too much when they are home bored all day. when they are at school i get a lot more done

So why did you have kids if you don't enjoy spending time with them?

When I had my son I didn't know he'd turn out to be even weirder than I am. I love spending time with him--until he flushes some random object down the toilet, or bolts at the library and I have to chase him all over the building, or he thinks it would be funny to head-butt me and hear me shout, "Ow! @#$^! !!" So weekends are stressful at my house, too.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 3:02 pm

During the summer I don't enjoy weekends that much because there isn't much for the lonely single guy to do. Besides, it seems like the entire world is out having fun. Once hockey season starts though (this week) I usually have plenty to do! This usually lasts well into April at which point the cycle repeats itself.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2012, 5:29 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
Wombat wrote:
missykrissy wrote:
i hate weekends cause my kids stress me out too much when they are home bored all day. when they are at school i get a lot more done

So why did you have kids if you don't enjoy spending time with them?

When I had my son I didn't know he'd turn out to be even weirder than I am. I love spending time with him--until he flushes some random object down the toilet, or bolts at the library and I have to chase him all over the building, or he thinks it would be funny to head-butt me and hear me shout, "Ow! @#$^! !!" So weekends are stressful at my house, too.

Yes. Weekend kid stress with the fighting, the bickering, the objection to every fun activity, my son having meltdowns because my daughter is 2 loud. My daughter having meltdowns from my son not listening to her endless monologues about her special interest. The not getting any private time on the toilet. This weekend is especially bad because of school closures and a sports day so for us it is 5 days long. I am on day 3 and still have all my marbles. Today we are off to the zoo and tomorrow we are going swimming and then on monday we are off to the museum.