GUYS: Do 'kept' women turn you on?

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

01 Dec 2010, 11:23 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
Bethie wrote:
What "basic concepts" are those, pray tell? Many of my friends are actively engaged if not employed in groups that oppose the sexualization of domination and pain, so I'm interested in more than the vagueries you allude to.

He did say this, didn't he?

Asp-Z wrote:
Basic human nature says everyone is turned on by those things at some level. Evidence of this is even in mainstream sex - slapping a girl's bum while having sex with her is pretty normal, yet it's S&M, isn't it? Using handcuffs is thought of as kinky but not generally labeled as perverted or anything, yet it's bondage. It's also considered pretty normal to be turned on by uniforms, because they tend to connote authority, and therefore dominance.

Those are very specific behaviors, not underlying "basic concepts".

Beauty_pact wrote:
Brief, but a true statement. Dominance is a basic concept, and I think few females, especially, would say that a suit or strict-looking coat doesn't make a guy look better.

Dominance IS a basic concept.
The question was about the assertion of that concept being universally appealing to sexual human beings.

Many, even most women thinking a man "looks better" in suit or nice coat is not a universal opinion,
nor is equating such clothes with dominance.
The distinction between "looking better" and turning a woman on sexually is worth noting, as well.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

01 Dec 2010, 11:35 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Bethie wrote:
So...we're conflating the prominence of a theme in one society at one time to it's being a universal preference of humanity?
Is that what this whole bit has been about?

A fair point. Perhaps a look at historic context would be useful, but I don't think data on sexual preferences throughout the centuries is available. There was apparently a large stone age dildo found by archeologists, that's not really relevant :lol:

Ew. Rough and cold is NOT the way to go. :lol:

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:45 am

My sister used to reason like you, some years ago, as well... she even was quite the feminist, and rather active in attempting to spread those views. She eventually saw the light, as well, though. :P

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:45 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
My sister used to reason like you, some years ago, as well... she even was quite the feminist, and rather active in attempting to spread those views. She eventually saw the light, as well, though. :P

Did she find a yummy man to dominate her? ;)

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:48 am

Bethie wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
A fair point. Perhaps a look at historic context would be useful, but I don't think data on sexual preferences throughout the centuries is available. There was apparently a large stone age dildo found by archeologists, that's not really relevant :lol:

Ew. Rough and cold is NOT the way to go. :lol:

Maybe they used them with condoms made out of animal intestine. ;)

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:49 am

emlion wrote:
Did she find a yummy man to dominate her? ;)

Seems so....

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 12:59 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:

It's hardly a "view" to ask someone to support their assertions of fact
("BDSM is universally appealing to all sexual humans.")

nor does the truth value of that statement, whether it be yay or nay, have anything to do with the tenets of feminism
(advocacy of equality between the sexes)

Thanks for playing though. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Dec 2010, 1:15 pm

I kind of like the idea of a kept woman in a way depending on what the definition of kept is but BDSM stuff has NOTHING to do with it. BDSM seems like abuse to me. I kind of like the idea of a kept women for the opposite rezones. I want to keep her safe, protect her & take care of her instead of abusing her, hurting her ect. it's kind of like how some people keep expensive delicate china in glass displays instead of using it

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 1:33 pm

nick007 wrote:
I kind of like the idea of a kept woman in a way depending on what the definition of kept is but BDSM stuff has NOTHING to do with it. BDSM seems like abuse to me. I kind of like the idea of a kept women for the opposite rezones. I want to keep her safe, protect her & take care of her instead of abusing her, hurting her ect. it's kind of like how some people keep expensive delicate china in glass displays instead of using it

Careful, Nick. You'll get called a FEMINIST. (gasps of horror)

:wink:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 1:35 pm

Bethie wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Careful, Nick. You'll get called a FEMINIST. (gasps of horror)

:wink:

I think you mean misogynist; I've been called that more than a few times on WP

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 3:06 pm

i don't think feminism has anything to do with BDSM either way. a feminist may or may not be into BDSM. it seems like a personal sexual choice, nothing to do with politics or ethics (or human nature either).

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 3:30 pm

nick007 wrote:
I kind of like the idea of a kept woman in a way depending on what the definition of kept is but BDSM stuff has NOTHING to do with it.

Yeah, it's not really related in any major way, the thread just went off-topic when nilescrane accused boosterjones of calling his girlfriend a sex slave (which he didn't).

Though, I ask you this: as the definition of kept is "have or retain possession of", would it not be, in a way, a dominant/submissive relationship? Remember that such a relationship would not require any sadism or masochism at all, but if you claim to have possession of your girlfriend, it's an uneven dynamic in which you are dominant, especially if she isn't working and relies on you for everything she needs or wants. Something to think about.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:00 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I kind of like the idea of a kept woman in a way depending on what the definition of kept is but BDSM stuff has NOTHING to do with it.

Yeah, it's not really related in any major way, the thread just went off-topic when nilescrane accused boosterjones of calling his girlfriend a sex slave (which he didn't).

I figured as much. I was trying to make a subtle attempt at saying that BDSM is not relevant.

Asp-Z wrote:
Though, I ask you this: as the definition of kept is "have or retain possession of", would it not be, in a way, a dominant/submissive relationship? Remember that such a relationship would not require any sadism or masochism at all.

In a way yes; I may be the one making a lot of the decisions & things but ultimately she would have complete & total control of my heart. Most everything I would do/decide on would be to put her 1st & I would talk to her before doing or deciding anything. I guess what I'm saying is that I may appear to be the dominate one in charge but I would actually be a slave to her love.
Not sure if that made any sense :?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:05 pm

nick007 wrote:
Most everything I would do/decide on would be to put her 1st & I would talk to her before doing or deciding anything. I guess what I'm saying is that I may appear to be the dominate one in charge but I would actually be a slave to her love.

That's almost poetic :lol:

Still, the reason so many people like being submissive in such relationships is often exactly what you describe here, so there isn't much difference at all. In fact, I believe Beauty_pact said something a little similar a few pages ago, too.

We're talking about a verrrrry broad subject here, remember.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:14 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Most everything I would do/decide on would be to put her 1st & I would talk to her before doing or deciding anything. I guess what I'm saying is that I may appear to be the dominate one in charge but I would actually be a slave to her love.

Still, the reason so many people like being submissive in such relationships is often exactly what you describe here, so there isn't much difference at all. In fact, I believe Beauty_pact said something a little similar a few pages ago, too.

We're talking about a verrrrry broad subject here, remember.

Well, I didn't really put it that way, but I could well have done it, in regards to most of it. I myself do in fact want a Master/slave relationship under true love... she'll be my slave, but I will, in a way, be a slave to the love I have for her. Of course, so will she to the love for me, as she will, otherwise, but that is from the other side of it. It's rather complex, to say the very least. The degradation of her would just be another way to show my love and respect for her, and, as a result, for her to know how much I love her and care for her... keeping her the best slave she can be. This may seem repulsive to some, but in my world, and that of many others, it's the ultimate way to express one's love, and experience love. Just a fairy tale, pretty much, except for real.

I'd love to go into more detail, but I believe the forum rules require me to hold back with my descriptions, a bit, unless I'd take it to the adult forum. Don't particularly feel like doing that, though...

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:31 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:

The degradation of her would just be another way to show my love and respect for her, and, as a result, for her to know how much I love her and care for her...

...right. :?