Dancing, are women interested?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Nov 2010, 12:09 pm

Ok so over this past year I've been to a couple of dance events, one of them a festival and the other a trance event night out this Saturday, I went with a friend who's really into that kind of music.

So at the dance festival we obviously danced away to the artists we went to see, or I did at least - if it's got a beat I'll dance lol, there was a group of us, only one of which I'd call a friend. Now and again girls would walk past then stop just in front of me or to the side, pretty damn close, this would irritate me a little as I was happy dancing with some space to actually move. I was always in two minds (actually more) how to interpret this though, were they choosing to dance there because I didn't look threatening (looked like I wouldn't pester them), because it was a better view, thought it was a good space to dance or did they actually like me?. I brushed it off as one of the former or whatever other reason I could think of that made some sense, eventually they would end up moving after some time, I'd be happy my mind could chill out again & I could stop trying to work out what was going on.

The thing is this happened to me again but more intensely this time when I was out at this trance night the Saturday just gone, the first few times I thought nah maybe they are trying to edge over to someone else or are interested in one of the lads I'm with right next to me. Then towards the end of the night this other girl seemed to shuffle by to where I was, with her girlfriend who was with this other guy & park herself right in front of me, she started sort of grinding on me, again I was like um is she or am I just invading her space, then she keeps tilting her head back looking at me, I just carry on dancing/sort of half grinding (aka dancing like I was before exact same spot but she happened to be in the way of my body movements lol), that way if I had read it wrong I'd not made a fool out of myself. So yeah she carries on with what she's doing but more so now, looking back a lot, flicking her hair back etc. I think about a way to figure out for sure so I move slightly to the right & say something to my friend that he doesn't even hear, she ends up edging over with the same again. By this point I think um ok I think she might like me, I liked her too :), eesh now what the hell do I do? I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say & people normally can't hear what I'm saying in a club environment, I can't interpret what they're saying either. I thought about continuing dancing but then I didn't know what the next step was, or how to figure out what her intentions were so I just told my friend I was going to get a drink loudly as possible then walked off. When I got back I ended up walking from the other direction & starting to dance at the other side of the guys I was with.

Looking back it would have been great to have gone further but I don't know how the hell this all works, I still don't know what her intentions were or what my next move could have been, please can someone give me some advice. Also probably best to ask any women here which signs are just friendly & which are more than that? I think I'm quite good at picking up on signs I just don't know which way to take any of them.

If any of you have any of your own stories about being in a similar situation be nice to hear what happened too.

Last edited by delic on 30 Nov 2010, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2010, 7:22 am

No advice at all?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2010, 9:10 am

delic wrote:
No advice at all?

Would like to help, but my "groove thang" is irreparably damaged. Last time I attempted to dance someone put a sock in my mouth to prevent me from swallowing my tongue and called the paramedics... :wink:

delic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Dec 2010, 10:28 am

Grisha wrote:
delic wrote:
No advice at all?

Would like to help, but my "groove thang" is irreparably damaged. Last time I attempted to dance someone put a sock in my mouth to prevent me from swallowing my tongue and called the paramedics... :wink:

Do you mean you got punched? doesn't sound like the best of fun. Guess I'll have to work this one out on my own, what's the worst that could happen eh? thanks for the private message TB, I'll take your advice & be more straightforward next time. :)

HopefulRomantic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Dec 2010, 9:47 pm

delic wrote:
Ok so over this past year I've been to a couple of dance events, one of them a festival and the other a trance event night out this Saturday, I went with a friend who's really into that kind of music.

So at the dance festival we obviously danced away to the artists we went to see, or I did at least - if it's got a beat I'll dance lol, there was a group of us, only one of which I'd call a friend. Now and again girls would walk past then stop just in front of me or to the side, pretty damn close, this would irritate me a little as I was happy dancing with some space to actually move. I was always in two minds (actually more) how to interpret this though, were they choosing to dance there because I didn't look threatening (looked like I wouldn't pester them), because it was a better view, thought it was a good space to dance or did they actually like me?. I brushed it off as one of the former or whatever other reason I could think of that made some sense, eventually they would end up moving after some time, I'd be happy my mind could chill out again & I could stop trying to work out what was going on.

The thing is this happened to me again but more intensely this time when I was out at this trance night the Saturday just gone, the first few times I thought nah maybe they are trying to edge over to someone else or are interested in one of the lads I'm with right next to me. Then towards the end of the night this other girl seemed to shuffle by to where I was, with her girlfriend who was with this other guy & park herself right in front of me, she started sort of grinding on me, again I was like um is she or am I just invading her space, then she keeps tilting her head back looking at me, I just carry on dancing/sort of half grinding (aka dancing like I was before exact same spot but she happened to be in the way of my body movements lol), that way if I had read it wrong I'd not made a fool out of myself. So yeah she carries on with what she's doing but more so now, looking back a lot, flicking her hair back etc. I think about a way to figure out for sure so I move slightly to the right & say something to my friend that he doesn't even hear, she ends up edging over with the same again. By this point I think um ok I think she might like me, I liked her too :), eesh now what the hell do I do? I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say & people normally can't hear what I'm saying in a club environment, I can't interpret what they're saying either. I thought about continuing dancing but then I didn't know what the next step was, or how to figure out what her intentions were so I just told my friend I was going to get a drink loudly as possible then walked off. When I got back I ended up walking from the other direction & starting to dance at the other side of the guys I was with.

Looking back it would have been great to have gone further but I don't know how the hell this all works, I still don't know what her intentions were or what my next move could have been, please can someone give me some advice. Also probably best to ask any women here which signs are just friendly & which are more than that? I think I'm quite good at picking up on signs I just don't know which way to take any of them.

If any of you have any of your own stories about being in a similar situation be nice to hear what happened too.

[b]
Delic,

Without having been there, I can not say for sure -but if your telling of the story is accurate, it appears as if she was signaling her interest in you! The last time I heard, not a one of us can read minds. Therefore, the only way to know for sure is to ask her (i.e. would you like to dance?). For me, it's mind boggling how many missed connections we have all had in this life - simply because we did not bother to follow our instincts and verbalize our thoughts.

Going forward, I would say take a shot and verbally express your interest in the lady! Go get 'em Tiger!!

And by the way, yes women do like to dance! Especially, salsa dancing which is erotic and hot! I have always said that dancing is like making love vertically!

Good luck!