Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Nov 2010, 2:43 pm

?...

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 2:48 pm

to what goal? singing? intonation? anything else?

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 4:28 pm

I've experimented with reading books into a taperecorder. And sometimes I slightly change the book as I go along (this also helps my writing!). And I sometimes comment on the book kind of like I'm a radio announcer.

As a child I had difficulty with the "r" sound. These days I sort of have a nasal voice, perhaps from something as simple and as straightforward as an overly large uvula (thing that hangs in the back of your throat).

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2010, 5:09 pm

I like this topic, and wish more people would have responded to it. It's a good question, I think the tape recorder is a good idea. Try to look up voice exercises and practice them maybe??

Vin2
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Dec 2010, 6:14 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
As a child I had difficulty with the "r" sound. These days I sort of have a nasal voice, perhaps from something as simple and as straightforward as an overly large uvula (thing that hangs in the back of your throat).

I have trouble with "tr". When I try to say words like track or train, it sometime sounds more like crack and crane.

kruger4
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2010, 6:53 pm

tag

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 8:17 am

Funny. As a kid at school, I used to get teased whenever I pronounced any word that had the "j" sound. Would always say "ch" instead of "j". Like "chunior" instead of "junior".

Even my teacher had a go at me for that. The b***h. :lol:

jumanji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jan 2011, 10:31 pm

I'm not sure exactly if this is what you're talking about or not, but alot of aspies have trouble with intonation.

I was once told that I sound like a robot. Also, a lot of people either compliment or insult me (depending on the situation) because I sound so eloquent.

I'm not sure how to sound normal. When I try excercises, it seems like I over do it and sound like a cheezy announcer.

Does anyone have suggestions for that?