Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ci
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2010, 7:28 pm

Autism Civil Rights & Inclusion Engineering

I have made an organization others help with in Humboldt County for developmental disability employment which includes autism but people with Asperger's Syndrome do not qualify as participants under the law but can of course apply to be a support worker. I do not control this policy so please do not be offended at me. It started with employment making soybean candles named after the area as a developmental disability work project whilst working with a local agency I was a consumer of. It has been covered in the local media extensively in the front pages of newspapers, many other news articles, hours of radio time, featured displays in stores and so on. I grew up in a military family and my dad does veterans advocacy and I do autism and developmental disability advocacy. I am very creative and relentless as I believe in achieving what others might be to nervous to do, to biased to achieve in the past or of special interest benefiting from the "dependency" of those with developmental disabilities.

Now I am forming with the help of hired professionals an official social service agency model under the California Lanterman Act and am launching an area wide campaign with the support of other agencies called the Humboldt Includes campaign. I am working with broadcasting organizations, media and would like to find a way of talking to people online for their support and input. Whereas individual participants locally will be allowed creative control and choices typical agencies that are private sector do not allow as they are not owned by participants, founded by participants and or managed by “consumers” qualifying participants.

I will be brief and frank about my views of autism politics. They are complicated and the bottom line is some people need allot of help and including individuals viewed as high functioning. I view what I do as outreach and social engineering such as the frameworks and modeling of area based inclusion campaigns. I'd like to invite people on here whether or not your a authorized qualifying participant of inclusion agencies if when they exist where you live to input on my project so that I might evolve the models standardization and public relations.

This is for the interim as a component of the service design will be voting by the participants but international and national perspectives are important.

Here are the issues which have manifest:

1.It is understood that autism is a spectrum and a % neither said as some or most do great. Pride politics I have observed for 10 years. It is to complex for me to understand at this time whether individuals would perceive members of our society supporting sponsored employment as disgraceful such as making autism anything less then a gift. I am to utilize funding for a new national brandology called “Autism Candles” and have already distributed 15,000 candles under the premise of supportive employment. The national brandology with the new simi-robotics equipment I am purchasing will assist fundraisers and wholesale to small businesses as a social responsibility product like fair trade or said as compassionate capitalism to employ individuals with in general any qualifying developmental disability under California Law. The secondary functions of the candle name is to create general awareness and to assist in the national frameworks of sponsored transitional employment with support workers as needed and opportunity development in accommodating settings.

2. I have stayed away from online advocacy as I grew frustrated with the bickering. Instead I focused my whole life energy on the manifestation of viable local based advocacy. I have lately come to observe some aspects of online advocacy and it is even more confusing then before. Can you tell me why from your point of view people cannot just try and get along and to focus on quality of life. I know some would call it pity but I don't trust many people online and people I do not know because for years I was isolated and there was very little advocacy online for the services I now have to get out of the house and the help I needed. Instead what I observed which was not the whole internet was passion about the perception of autism and being insulted. Now that I have social services through the Regional Center I feel and have said well “they” let me out of my prison (I know some hate the prison terminology) and have unleashed me so now I can accomplish what I see fit. Do you think folks will settle down and focus on improving lives instead of finding insults over words so easy? I really upsets me the civil like social war when so many good things can be accomplished.

3. I would like moral support from people online and input even privately and I would very much like to support others as well. I have allot of moral support where I live. Most of the town where I live knows about it and within the county it is growing. However I dream that people with autism when able, parents, professionals and the everyday community members where you live as well can embrace inclusion when chosen by people with autism and other developmental disabilities. I believe it's not about finding a certain leader like African Americans had Martin Luther King Jr. but the simple general focus of societal inclusion and opportunity amongst those with the audacity to lead, people like you, that will change the world for a more inclusive tomorrow with every single small step forward. I fear even though social services is mandated that services could go away so I am always feeling the fight or flight mentality of sorts in advocacy so do get upset for that reason and I do sense "fear" and potential "danger" in things others may not.

Would you like to talk about advocacy?

Nathan Young

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2010, 9:02 am

Quote:
It is to complex for me to understand at this time whether individuals would perceive members of our society supporting sponsored employment as disgraceful such as making autism anything less then a gift

In France there is a law that gives an automatic tax discount if you employ disabled people and require businesses to have a percentage of disabled people. Because your initiative require the free agreement of the employer, it is still a capitalistic point of view, the state is not involved.
Then autism have to be explained in parallel, I'm Apsperger's but I still can find a job by myself (keeping it is another story) but some other won't be able to work at all without a little help and understanding, some other won't be able to have a meeting with an employer. What autistic people need is a little more of patience and understanding.

Quote:
I have lately come to observe some aspects of online advocacy and it is even more confusing then before. Can you tell me why from your point of view people cannot just try and get along and to focus on quality of life. I know some would call it pity but I don't trust many people online and people I do not know because for years I was isolated and there was very little advocacy online for the services I now have to get out of the house and the help I needed. Instead what I observed which was not the whole internet was passion about the perception of autism and being insulted.

Internet gives the ability to people to voice their idea, anybody can say what he has on his mind. So you will very often see raw conclusions that defies common sense. It's like a market and consensus is not free, it comes with the cost of proving and convincing you are right. And like a business product, you have to work on your proof, it has to be efficient to make its way.
If you complain about the fact that some people do not have equal opportunities and do nothing, this is pity. If you spend your time helping disabled people finding a job because you feel that freedom comes with responsibilities you don't want to leave to an administration, this is admirable charity

Quote:
I would like moral support from people online and input even privately and I would very much like to support others as well

I find what you do really amazing and inspiring. You work locally on the field, but I think you could build a network by creating a label for the employers, something like "We don't only give, we only act and employ autistic people" kind of slogan the companies could use if they participate with you.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWBTDLCT1Rk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

A response will take some time as what seems very simple becomes extraordinarily complex. Additionally I have a large and growing demand for candle products and new individuals being trained. I will reply as soon as possible.

Nathan Young

ci
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:30 pm

*In France there is a law that gives an automatic tax discount if you employ disabled people and require businesses to have a percentage of disabled people. Because your initiative require the free agreement of the employer, it is still a capitalistic point of view, the state is not involved.

Then autism have to be explained in parallel, I'm Apsperger's but I still can find a job by myself (keeping it is another story) but some other won't be able to work at all without a little help and understanding, some other won't be able to have a meeting with an employer. What autistic people need is a little more of patience and understanding
. *

The integration model is for individuals covered by California Law under the Lanterman Act. Asperger's Syndrome unless it is newly accepted is not a qualifying diagnoses. In idea the "Humboldt Includes" campaign projects the idea that with open minds and a provided job coach from local agencies a position for at least very-part time employment when subjectively applicable improves skills and the well being of qualifying individuals and the communities diversity.

See this formal introduction:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA23NOyDx5Q[/youtube]

Participants voluntarily allow the campaign to assist in the diversity outreach and the social services as well. There are tax credits here to. However in most circumstances these arrangements are made least complicated to the businesses under contracted terms so that agencies then bill the business. As familiarly is gained I believe businesses when applicable will have less anxiety about helping to transition individuals. Social progress is slow but my job is to confront ideas such as individuals with developmental disabilities that are adults are children in grown up bodies. These types of stereotypes undermine our national and communities diversity. Full cooperation from local media and for instance the Chamber of Commerce has been made so as to properly and in a friendly way assert respectability.

Individuals that qualify include more then just individuals with autism.

Thanks for the reply. I will think about the other comments and reply soon.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:55 pm

*Internet gives the ability to people to voice their idea, anybody can say what he has on his mind. So you will very often see raw conclusions that defies common sense. It's like a market and consensus is not free, it comes with the cost of proving and convincing you are right. And like a business product, you have to work on your proof, it has to be efficient to make its way.
If you complain about the fact that some people do not have equal opportunities and do nothing, this is pity. If you spend your time helping disabled people finding a job because you feel that freedom comes with responsibilities you don't want to leave to an administration, this is admirable charity.

Yes jerks can and will sour advocacy causing negative results for those in need and make the world believe everyone hates them. I had one blogger accuse me of stalking him, calling him and physically threatening him and others and say I have a police record of it. All this because I didn't conform to an anti-cure perspective and now it's on dozens of websites. I challenged their hatred of what I do and these self-ego people are selfish. Accusations saying I think I know everything about autism and just because I mentioned I consult with professionals in the field. My interest is not autism but public relations and opportunity development. I don't believe in removing the rights to say what you want even if it is a lie, that is my ethic and I do not believe in slander laws and will never sue anyone for speaking there mind unlike the mellow dramatics. Drama Kings and Drama Queens.

Jerks will think about only their ego preservation and not the real life improvements of those with substantial disabilities. With as much mental energy spent on the cure debate a whole generation could come to know inclusion as a choice. It really upsets me that special interests and or other interests attempts to distract from true human equality improvements.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 9:00 pm

*I find what you do really amazing and inspiring. You work locally on the field, but I think you could build a network by creating a label for the employers, something like "We don't only give, we only act and employ autistic people" kind of slogan the companies could use if they participate with you.*

The methodology is complicated and at this time I won't distribute the pages of information. The primal motivation of any human being is of course survival unless illness manifest the opposite. How do the mechanisms of survival find compassionate inclusion most agreeable and without hindering a more equal potential without the integration platform in the long-term or the reducing need of it. These are ethical questions and the formula is not quite there yet.

Nathan Young