Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:29 am

Yes I know about Yahoo Answers but I can't be bothered to go through the account making riff raff. Basically the other night my Cat was indoors and she urinated all over the seat of a chair. It was literally drenched, how a tiny half-sized cat could do that much I don't know. Last night she urinated on a plastic bag in the Kitchen. Now she struggles to / can't go, and when she does, in her Littertray, there is traces of blood in it. I am worried that she may have an infection and be in pain / discomfort. What should I do?

hyperbole
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:40 am

It is common for cats to get urinary tract infections. It seems like you cat probably has one. You will need to take it to the vet. Persian cats are predisposed to polycystic kidney disease, so if it's a persian cat, there may be more to it than a UTI, with blood in the urine you should take it to the vet immediately.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:48 am

Take her to the vet.

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2010, 9:59 am

I would definitely take her to the vet as it sounds there is something wrong. It could be something as straightforward as an infection though which is easily treated with antibiotics, so I'm sure it's nothing too serious.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 10:18 am

I really don't get why people post stuff like this on the internet. If you, someone you know, a pet, etc, has a medical problem, go to the appropriately qualified professional. What you think a bunch of forum members will tell you that a vet won't is beyond me.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 2:19 pm

Who knows? I never get why I do certain things because I have no control over my brain.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 2:50 pm

hopefully just a urinary tract infection but definitely get to a vet. Cats (though typically more males than females) are very prone to kidney problems. It should be easy to spot/treat as long as diagnosed soon enough.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 3:00 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
I really don't get why people post stuff like this on the internet. If you, someone you know, a pet, etc, has a medical problem, go to the appropriately qualified professional. What you think a bunch of forum members will tell you that a vet won't is beyond me.

^^Greetings Asp-Z.

I believe this is due to the fact that the happy individual in question would just wish to make sure that this is best to take their friend to a vet and that they are not worrying unnecessarily. In this particular example, non-human doctors often ask for rather large amounts of money for a little check and so I believe that the happy poster simply wished to ensure that perhaps money and time would not be wasted to heal their friend, when possibly the problem would heal over time.

^^ Also Simonono, I agree very much that taking your friend to a vet is best.