Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

nicelady
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Dec 2010, 9:18 am

Watching Temple Grandin movie at the moment. Simply amazing.

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 7:16 am

nicelady wrote:
Watching Temple Grandin movie at the moment. Simply amazing.

Truly an amazing woman too :)

Aspieallien
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2010, 8:00 am

Temple Grandin is a true inspiration, she has shown the world we can achieve things.

Skinnyboy
Raven
Raven

04 Dec 2010, 8:22 am

It freaked me out when they showed the lines she was thinking to fix the gate, this is exactly the way I've always seen things.

Vector
Toucan
Toucan

04 Dec 2010, 8:57 am

I think this is the best autism movie I've seen. I thought the way that sensory over-stimulation was shown was accurate and powerful, and the visual thinking demonstrations were great. Also, the casting, especially of the mentors in Grandin's life, was superb. Really hope the movie is making the book-- which helped me understand myself more than any other-- more accessible to general readers.

boots1123
Raven
Raven

04 Dec 2010, 11:16 am

I admire her and have used many of her ideas in my own corrals for the cattle with great results.

The only downside to her success, for me, is that my ranch friends who know I am also Aspie think I am automatically going to be able to solve any animal handling problem like she would. Oh, brother. It's almost as bad as the people who expect me to automatically know how many jelly beans are in a jar or something. They don't get the differences or allow for them. *shrug*