Funny game glitches or game bugs that you remember.

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:35 am

I once got a Gameboy Color game that had both Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver on it. It was bought used from a store in my city. Since the save data on my Silver game was corrupted, I was very happy to find it. I had never known of a game with both on it though.

When I got home and tried it, it turned out to be just a little too thick so I could just barely press it into the Gameboy. It was then I realized it had to be a pirate version. I still wanted to try it though, so I started it up and it was slow to load. When it finally did, the text was in very broken English. I wish I remembered any of what it said, but this is more than 10 years ago and I only saw it once, so sadly I don't. It continued to be slow and after a few minutes the letters got fuzzy and then they became unreadable. Just after that, the game froze.

I tried to start it again, but it didn't start up right. The image was wrong (fuzzy and with pieces missing) and I gave up and returned to the store (where they were reluctant to take it back, but I didn't back down).
Now I kinda wish I still have it so I could try it again and record it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 11:50 am

There was a lot of pretty bizarre glitches in The Sims 3. One time I had a Sim pick up a dinner plate with a hot do on it while visiting the seasonal park. The hot dog disappeared and then reappeared behind the Sim and looked like it was following him as he went to put the plate in the trash.

When I added the Sims 3 Pets small dogs and cats would sometimes suddenly grow long freakish legs for a second and then snap back to their normal size. Another time I had a Sim washing his dog in the bathtub and he suddenly appeared on the other side of the wall with his arms through it moving as if he was washing but the dog looked like he wasn't being touched.

I've also had Sims disappear into the ground or move like they were swimming while on land, but halfway in the ground with ripples around them like it was water.

There were also a few very annoying and upsetting glitches like Sims getting stuck in things, and I discovered the only way to get them free was to send them on a trip with The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion. There resetting Sim cheats I tried using didn't work.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2016, 6:29 pm

When I was playing The Last Story on the Wii, Zeal [the hero] slipped on some fruit in an alleyway and his legs glitched through the wall. :lol:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

DerpMC
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2016, 6:30 am

in Super Mario 64, there's a glitch where you can get to the top of the castle without even activating the lakitu cutscene. You go to the right side of the castle, and you will see hills. back up, and run towards the corner closest but not touching the wall. jump and land in front of it, double jump, and you will land on the hill. triple jump, and quickly turn towards the castle, and jump at the last second sliding. If done right, you will have gotten on top of the castle without even entering it!

Robert Murphy ~ 2016

Quote:
Wanna see what destruction looks like? Here it is in human form - it's your boy DerpMC!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 10:03 pm

I remember several when I was a kid. In Sonic 2 for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, we would be playing two player for Mystic Cave zone and if the second player died twice, they got 70 something lives for that level. So if the person sucked on that level, they had all those lives to spare.

Another one for the same game, in two player whenever the countdown started, sometimes you didn't always die after the countdown ended and everything would be silent except for the sound affects and sometimes the song would start and stop again and then you eventually died.

In Ocean Oil Zone, when you go to the part where you travel in the air to get to another spot, at one of those spots where they had a bunch of them, if you enter the machine, jump away from it before you are thrown into one of the spheres and if you did it right, you got a super jump and it would only last a few minutes.

In Wing Fortress Zone, the words Time were flashing and I had eaten the boss and I was heading to Death Egg Zone. I ran out of time right when the ship was entering the bigger ship and I died because time ran out. I have to beat the boss again but the whole Wing Fortress plane is out in space and it's acting like I am out in space so I had to beat the boss with that outer space background as if I were still flying out into outer space from planet earth. This only happened once.

In multiplayer if you were invincible and died, the song stayed that way until the level ended.

In sonic 1 for Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, if you hit a spike, you lose your rings and then land on another spike and die. I found out in my twenties this was actually a bug in the game and they fixed it later and re released their game.

In Super Mario 64 my brother was playing one of the snowman levels from the third floor and he lands in the water that is too cold so Mario yells Hot hot hot but my brother had landed in a spot where the pond ended and where the wall was and Mario was trapped there and stuck and the sound Mario made was hilarious but my little brother didn't find it funny

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 10:05 pm

I am not sure if these were glitches but they were sure annoying. In Mario Party 1 and 2 in Shy Guy Says, the game speeds up as the mini game progresses. So when you raise one of the flags, the game would sometimes automatically make you raise the wrong one and sometimes not all the way up and you would be out of the game.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2016, 11:32 am

not by me but autisticNintendofan:

description: turned on nes and the graphics went all crazy and luigi was wearing a dress! :heart:

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2016, 7:57 pm

i have several random and kind of funny glitches using the game engine against itself.

Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
1) shooting enemies in the head point blank doesn't reduce faction rep
2)standing on a collapsed fence after putting 8 c4 blocks on the other side then detonating them made you fly several hundred meters horizontally.

True Crime: New York City
1) after using the Super Cop code, while wearing the patrol uniform (beat patrol) removed any and all heat until you changed the outfit, made going on a rampage kind of funny because nobody ever tried stopping you.
2) finding a drug lab apartment crime you could open the door throw a grenade into it and run away, the door closed before the grenade went off, and resulted in the lab blowing up but nothing outside the closed door being affected (worked with office placed explosive incidents as well)
3) was also a glitch that let you place landmines while driving, or dual-wield huge weapons like m4's, mini-guns, katanas, etc.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm

With arbitrary code execution, the possibilities are endless!
Super Mario World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6eY73sLV0
Pokemon Blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd2595c_72M

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2016, 1:03 pm

KissOfMarmaladeSky wrote:
When I was in second or third grade and my sister was in first or second grade, we were messing around with Gameshark, and we decided to make our Pokemon invincible or something in Pokemon Ruby. When we did that, we ran to some area in the desert or something, and we found a wild ?. (It's name really is ?) We decided to catch it, and we thought it was a shiny Bulbasaur or something (since it's icon was, in truth, a shiny Bulbasaur), but it turned into (no surpise for Pokemon fans who ran into this) a bad EGG. We went to the Pokemon center (because it was on zero HP and we were ignorant people, then), and when we healed it, there was a multitude of Pokeballs on the screen, and we got scared, so we turned it off. It magically saved at the Pokemon Center somehow, and Nurse Joy said that there were small organisms on our Pokemon.

That really freaked us out, so we didn't play for a year.

Oh, and my sister was bragging to her friends about her level 100 Swampert (that we got by cheating).

Ah, Qmarks.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

In The Sims 3, the funniest glitch IMO is when sims go to the shower just before going to work, then they fail putting their career outfit and go to work naked :lol:
I also like the floating head glitch, it looks awesomely creepy on occult sims.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2016, 1:47 am

Not sure if this would count as a glitch, but I tend to find enemies dying in upright or other odd positions funny.

God bless ragdoll physics.

octobyte
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Oct 2016, 3:45 am

Nintendo 64 cartridge tilting. Allows for derpy stuff like this haha