Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 7:55 am

aspi-rant wrote:
Sand wrote:
aspi-rant wrote:
Sand wrote:
aspi-rant wrote:
i like that this new lifeform has As ........ :wink:

I sincerely doubt bacteria have interpersonal difficulties.

did i state that?

Can't you scroll up and see?

as you can see i stated:

aspi-rant wrote:
i like that this new lifeform has As ........ :wink:

Quote:
hint: do you know what As is in the periodic table?

:idea: :!:

Naturally. But I took a long chance that you had a sense of humor. I guess you can't win all the time.

Last edited by Sand on 04 Dec 2010, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 8:01 am

Sand wrote:
Naturally. But I took a long chance that you had a sense of humor. I guess you can't win all the time.

:lol:

my choice of words was intended to be funny.... and to play with this obvious double meaning....

i think we both missed each others point.... which probably is typical AS... :wink:

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 2:28 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Philologos wrote:
Now that, Brother Jones, while truly funny, I think has to fit your "mean cynicism" category.

a) what do you mean by "Brother Jones"

b) this is a comic written by a fellow nerd. it's full of physics references, code jokes, and fully legit in the community.

If you do not get Brother Jones you may miss out on what I think is the funniest part of the strip. Reference Jim Jones and the Koolaid incident.

The second sample strip is also amusing - though almost too realistic to be truly funny to me.

Why does being legit in the community [you should see my community] mean it cannot count as "mean cynicism"? Knocking off the attendees is not EXACTLY love and peace and flower power.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2010, 2:32 pm

Philologos wrote:
Why does being legit in the community [you should see my community] mean it cannot count as "mean cynicism"? Knocking off the attendees is not EXACTLY love and peace and flower power.

Did you really miss the joke? It's not cynical at all. It's just a joke about making the theme of the announcement arsenic and accidentally poisoning everyone. It's a joke. Funny.

Most of XKCD is pretty much aspie jokes.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson