Accoring to PETA apergers is caused by meat...

Page 1 of 7 [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

Link

Quote:
Liam Wilson

Five-year-old Liam is from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. A few years ago, he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (a type of autism), but ever since he went vegetarian, his anxiety has decreased and his behavior has greatly improved. Today, he takes no medication and sleeps like a baby! Liam really loves animals, and according to his mom, he "spends a pretty insane amount of time reading about them." Liam won't kill bugs or spiders. Instead, he scoops them up and puts them outside. What a gentleman! If you're lucky enough to come across this cutie patootie, you'll probably be greeted with the words, "Hi, I'm Liam Wilson. I'm 5 years old, and I'm a vegetarian."

Don't you just love PETA?

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 10:31 pm

Yeah, scare tactics FTW! I love how it's written so that even the writer of that snippet doesn't realize that it's fear and propaganda.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

nodice1996 wrote:
Link
Quote:
Liam Wilson

Five-year-old Liam is from Fort Bragg, North Carolina. A few years ago, he was diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome (a type of autism), but ever since he went vegetarian, his anxiety has decreased and his behavior has greatly improved. Today, he takes no medication and sleeps like a baby! Liam really loves animals, and according to his mom, he "spends a pretty insane amount of time reading about them." Liam won't kill bugs or spiders. Instead, he scoops them up and puts them outside. What a gentleman! If you're lucky enough to come across this cutie patootie, you'll probably be greeted with the words, "Hi, I'm Liam Wilson. I'm 5 years old, and I'm a vegetarian."

Don't you just love PETA?

Really? I used to be a vegetarian and I felt like crap.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 10:37 pm

Yeah, I feel awful if I don't eat meat for a while...
[Rant]This is pure propaganda and those people stoop to nothing. :twisted: [/Rant]

LadybugQ
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2010, 10:41 pm

Yeah, more like his mother swallowed the Jessica Simpson B.S. and is manipulating what the world sees of her son.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 10:52 pm

PETA activists need to be forced to watch Planet Earth. Living things on this planet eat other living things. Why would we be any different?

Idiots.

against_the_clock
Raven
Raven

Location: Louisville Kentucky (if you think I don't wear shoes I'll throw them at you)

01 Dec 2010, 10:59 pm

As a vegetarian with AS this is particularly funny.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:10 pm

The article doesn't say anything about curing Asperger's or that the cause of such is from meat. You guys need to learn to read and stop thinking everyone is against you or after some miracle cure.

In fact, the article treats special interests in a positive light (albeit maybe only when they're related to animals...)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm

I was thinking about vegetarian diets and my own love for animals, this morning. I'm thinking about it again looking at Sid standing on top of my TV. That's a cute story. I don't wish to be cured of my AS, but I think about how ironic it is that I love animals, yet I like my flanks of beef.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 12:18 am

Oh not the PETA thing again, <sarcasm>I thought when I last checked what PETA think about the causes of autism. It was milk which caused autism</sarcasm>

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 2:13 am

Is there not a case to sue them under Trading Standards laws or something? Surely "making up medical information" is a crime? I'm sure I've seen companies get busted for claiming things have "health benefits" when they don't. This should surely apply.

Just to be clear: MILLIONS of people eat meat. Most of them DON'T have Aspergers. Same as millions get vaccinated and millions don't have Autism. Ridiculous people.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 2:31 am

You do know that PETA can also stand for People Eating Tasty Animals.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 3:12 am

What does being kind to animals have to do with Asperger's, or curing it, for that matter? I've always been kind to animals, as a kid, and as an adult, and I's always have been an Aspie.
And I eat meat.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 4:55 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
You do know that PETA can also stand for People Eating Tasty Animals.

exactly

I myself balance out what I eat. Humans are omnivores after all. Yeah I am for helping animals BUT I am one as well as well as the fact that as I said humans are omnivores so I eat meat as well. I just don't go overboard on it as well as eating free range.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 4:56 am

LOL! :lol:

I'm autistic and I'm vegetarian, explain that s**t! :P

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2010, 4:58 am

Does PETA know that Hitler - who was vegetarian - is suspected to be aspie ?

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati