Do you get car-sick, sea-sick, etc.? (Poll)

Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Do you suffer motion sickness?
Yes 63%  63%  [ 75 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 120

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 4:57 pm

:oops: I get giddy! if I use virtual reality head sets, can't use an escalator or an elevator, otherwise i'll feel like i'm still moving or bobbing once off. I'm sensitive to certain movements. If I tell anyone they make out i'm either nuts, fussy and they're not sympathetic!

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 5:06 pm

Nope! I can read and everything in cars (and often do). I dont think I could get carsick if I tried lol. Ive done laps at the Porsche Experience Center and even all those abrupt turns and stops didnt phase me. Im a big fan of roller coasters too and I never get seasick (I actually like it when it gets a little rough lol) Airplane simulations and that kind of thing are fine too.

However, I cant do elevators.

Bagpuss7
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2018, 2:02 pm

I don't get sick as such, but suffer from a cumulative effect of motion. Eg if on holiday an on a succession of boats, trains, etc. Also from hotel lifts.
It then affects me when lying down... I constantly then feel like I am moving. Apparently it's called "mal de debarquement" or something.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Dec 2018, 2:22 pm

I felt sea-sick 1ce when I was taking a med that had the side-effect of lowering my blood pressure too much or something. I woke up from my sleep & I felt nauseous & like my bed was a small boat at sea among rough waves. I was rolling around on my bed because my bed kept bouncing around. I looked at something on my dresser or at my dresser & everything was moving around side to side, up & down, & getting a little bigger & a little smaller. I grabbed both sides of my bed so I would stop rolling & I fell back asleep & was fine when I woke up. I never took that med again. I forget which one it was thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 4:52 pm

I used to sometimes as a kid, but I suddenly stopped when I was about 16 or 17. I got on buses a lot and didn't seem to get any sort of motion sickness at all, even if I looked down to read or text. But when I went on antidepressants at 24, I suddenly started suffering with motion sickness again every time I got into a car or even on a bus. So I have to make sure I am prepared for motion sickness, like making sure my stomach isn't empty.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 11:39 pm

I dont get car sick or sea sick but I suffer from motion sickness from video games. Tales from the Borderlands made me puke after 20 mins and left me bed ridden with a migraine for hours from just 30 mins of game play.

brightonpete
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2018, 8:46 am

I remember as a kid, I used to get carsick when sitting in the backseat. Up front? No problem. I grew out of that thankfully!

I spent two years in the navy on a small frigate type ship. Came close a few times, but even in 40 foot seas, no problem. I did carry a garbage bag in my back pocket though just in case. It felt good to hear an Admiral onboard on one trip puking his guts out.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Dec 2018, 3:24 pm

Haven't flown in nearly a decade, so I have no idea whether I'd get air sick or not. I don't think so though.

Cars, trucks, and buses aren't a problem at all. I read on the bus going to work every day (I don't read when driving a car though -- that's rather unsafe).

Ships? I sail nearly once every week for close to half the year on the open ocean, so no, I don't get sea sick very easily at all. Maybe once in over two decades of sailing.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Hypercoaster
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2018, 2:33 am

I have a very hyposensitive vestibular sense. I crave vestibular stimulation. I have never gotten motion sickness in any form. I live for amusement park rides (which should be obvious, given my user name), and I especially love speed, air time, and spinning. I go to amusement parks early in the morning and ride until late at night, with very few breaks in between. Motion sickness is an alien concept to me. What is funny is that all of my other sensory systems are hypersensitive and overresponsive.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 2:45 am

Hypercoaster wrote:
I have a very hyposensitive vestibular sense. I crave vestibular stimulation. I have never gotten motion sickness in any form. I live for amusement park rides (which should be obvious, given my user name), and I especially love speed, air time, and spinning. I go to amusement parks early in the morning and ride until late at night, with very few breaks in between. Motion sickness is an alien concept to me. What is funny is that all of my other sensory systems are hypersensitive and overresponsive.

I wish I was like that. I love amusement park rides too, but I have to avoid the rides that are too repetitive, like spinning around or swinging backwards and forwards. Rollercoasters are good and I can tolerate them, but if I get too hungry I start feeling sick. If I never felt sick, I would literally go on every adult ride ever invented.

I remember when I was 14 I went on one of those carnival rides where you get inside this round thing and it spins around so fast that you stick to the walls. It literally felt like it wasn't spinning at all, it just felt like you were clinging to the wall like magic or something. But after I got off I felt really, really sick. I was able to fight the urge to vomit, but I stumbled home like a drunk person and had to go to bed when I got in, and I even had the day off school the next day because I still felt ill in the morning. :eew: