Hardest game you ever played/easiest game you ever played?

Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2012, 4:43 am

Hill Street Blues (Atari ST) I don't think you could actually complete it once it became midnight and people started getting murdered it was very difficult to solve cases. And the interface was horrible

Xcom: Terror from the deep (PC/PS1) You can complete it but you will get through a lot of poor cannon fodder soldiers until you catch up with the alien technology

Easiest game? I dunno, I find a lot of modern games not very difficult these days even if you set the difficult to the top. You need a challenge not an ego trip to think your the man. I'm a fairly mediocre gamer but I could still do COD MW3 on the highest difficulty within a morning session.

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Feb 2015, 7:14 pm

Hardest- original TMNT on NES. Easiest- Aladdin for SNES. I could beat that game without taking a hit.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 7:57 am

Hard: Syndicate Wars American Revolt, on PC

Easy: Far Cry 3, X360

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 2:42 pm

Hardest: Soviet Strike, PS1.

Managed the first 4 levels in about 1996, attempted the fifth (and final) level a couple of years ago, but gave up about half way through. One of those games where you can't save within the level, and have to make an endless number of soul-destroying restarts!

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm

I don't know about the hardest game i ever played but the easiest game i ever played was definitely prince of Persia for the ps3. You cant even die in that game and not being able to die takes all of the challenge out of the game.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 10:31 pm

Easiest games I've played:
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Sega Genesis)
Bonk's Adventure (Turbografx 16)
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo Gamecube) The only parts I found really hard was the bosses Uncle Luggs, The giant Boo and King Boo.
Aladdin (Sega Genesis) Just because a game is easy doesn't mean it's not good, however. In fact these were some of my favorite games of all time and I would replay them just because they were so enjoyable.

Hardest games I've played:
Taz-Mania for Sega Genesis (the part with the moving elevators was excruciating)
Quackshot Starring Donald Duck for Sega Genesis (some parts of the game were easy, but others were really hard, especially for a "kid's" game)
Zelda II The Adventure of Link for NES (I gave up on it long before my brother did and I wasn't a fan anyway).
Earthworm Jim 2 (Sega Genesis)
Bubsy for Sega Genesis (proof that just because a game is really challenging doesn't mean that it's good)

I feel so old just mentioning these game titles. :oops:

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 8:13 am

Of all the games I own:

Hardest: TMNT (NES), Contra 4 (DS) especially on hard. I have never beaten either game although I have tried many, many times.

Easiest: Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds & New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS) & Final Fantasy 7 (PS). I probably made it through all three without dying once on the first try.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2015, 4:59 pm

Alien Breed 3d II The Killing Grounds on the Amiga
I never get very far in that game at all.
Games these days are so easy compared to some of those Amiga games.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2015, 1:34 pm

^^

I never tried that one: found the original Alien Breed 3D pretty tough, but completed it in about 6 or 7 weeks! The sluggish frame rate of my Amiga CD32 was probably a contributory factor.

Also eventually got to meet the final boss in Gloom on the CD32, but was unable to beat the ridiculous dragon-type creature with the glorified peashooter thing which I had as a weapon. This was my first experience of a FPS game, by the way.

Hypnotized
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm

Okay this one is actually legit:

Hardest game I've ever played: The impossible game.
Easiest game I've ever played: The world's easiest game.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2015, 9:25 pm

Hardest: Dark Souls

Easiest: Kirby's Epic Yarn

penguplay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2015, 3:28 am

Hardest Game: Super Mario Galaxy

http://penguplay.com

bmasters1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Feb 2015, 4:38 am

Hardest: Sonic Labyrinth (why was this game ever a Sonic game, if all Sonic could use was his spin dash?! Very tedious, and I don't think I've ever finished it outright).
Easiest: The first three Sonic games, and Mega Man II.

Jarring
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm

idk what i could label as the easiest game i've ever played was..
i know the first game i ever beat was Chip n Dale rescue rangers for the NES
my parents took a picture of me in front of the end game screen lol. i think i was 7 years old.

the hardest game? idk either really.. when it comes to single player games anyways..
I know the hardest multiplayer game I've played is Defense of the Ancients 2. I still play it pretty regularly, I love it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 2:17 am

Hardest game is an easy choice, Mushihime-sama Futari, which is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uON3zty3-Q From what I've seen, if I had to estimate, I'd say that probably less than 20 players have ever actually beaten this mode (Ultra) in this game... it's THAT hard. As in, nearly freaking impossible. The final boss is known to be possibly the single most difficult boss ever made.

If I had to choose an easiest game, it just might be the very first Kirby's Dream Land on the original Gameboy. I got that game, and had finished it in an hour or two of getting it, and.... that was it. Very short game, very very easy. I mean, granted, the Kirby series isnt exactly meant to be very difficult, but still.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2015, 4:51 pm

Hardest game ? I couldn't get to grips at all with Frozen Synapse on PC - the computer seemed to have foreknowledge of what my moves would be. I didn't give it long but it's still sitting on my Steam list - perhaps I should give it another go. I'm hopeless at tough shooters like Ikaruga. I don't think I could do a lap on the original Geoff Crammond's Formula One game on the Amiga with the driving aids turned off - I had the feeling I was doing 25 miles an hour and yet would spin off at the first curve.

I have finished Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1&2 and Bloodborne - they are manageable if you learn what the game wants from you and are prepared to advance slowly and grind a bit occasionally.

For the easiest games I'm going to annoy the Sega fans and nominate things like Panzer Dragoon and NiGHTS which were tiny games and contained virtually no challenge. The developers tried to extend the life of the games by awarding a grade for how well you did on a stage and the aim was to go back for the perfect score. This game mechanic doesn't appeal to me I'm afraid. Rez is similar but it's got the music thing going on and it's quite trippy so I'll excuse it.